- Why choose Taobao?
- How to place an order for Taobao product?
- How to utilize Taobao voucher codes?
- Things to take note when you utilize your Taobao vouchers
- Payment methods
Introduced on May 10, 2003, Taobao was created under a group of companies that is known as the Alibaba Group. They created the Chinese online shopping site which is referred to as the Taobao Marketplace. Bearing a similarity to other major e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com and eBay.com, Taobao mainly focuses on entrepreneurs and small business owners in mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, and Hong Kong.
As Taobao is a fully Chinese site, it may be slightly difficult for non-Chinese speaker navigate through the site. Thankfully, iPrice has provided a platform on Lazada Malaysia for shoppers to shop at ease. The site features all of Taobao’s best products such as women’s and men’s fashion, home and living, electronic accessories, toys and games, and sports and outdoor.
Taobao offers international shipping on their main website as well as on Lazada. However, the only major difference is that they lack the experience of sending products overseas. Moreover, consumers that purchase directly from Taobao will face issues such as communication breakdown, orders being potentially out-of-stock and many other problems. This is because; they would rather avoid having the hassle of dealing with international customers, international payments, and exchange rates costs.
Since the sellers from Taobao have an easier access to the products directly from the main source at factory prices. The high competition of other online shopping sites allows Taobao to set their prices to a lower standpoint as well as a low cost of doing online business which subsidizes the price advantage.
Vast range of products
There are roughly 400,000 items ranging from electronics to home products that will be specially curated for the Malaysia market. The range of products is customized base on the top selling products as well as customer reviews derived from the existing line-up of 1.5 billion products that are sold on the main Taobao website.
- Choose a product you wish to purchase. You can refer to list of categories at the left side of the site.
- Check for more information by clicking on the picture of the product.
- Once you have decided on the purchase, you may click add to cart.
- To checkout, you may enter your details such as email, delivery information, and payment method.
- After submitting your purchase, you will receive an order confirmation through an email.
- Vouchers can only be used during checkout.
- Under the order summary section which is at the right side of the payment page, you may use your voucher code by entering it in the voucher code box.
- After you have entered the code, you can proceed to click “use voucher”.
- A corresponding deduction will then be applied to your total amount.
- Be reminded that you might need to log in to your account for the voucher to be applicable.
- Also, do check if the voucher has been utilized for your previous purchase.
- Vouchers also have a minimum spend associated with them and it might cause your code to be invalid depending on the size of your shopping cart.
- Vouchers are not applicable for the shipping fees unless otherwise stated.
Lazada Malaysia acts as an agent for Taobao collection and has a variety of payment options for the consumers. The payment options include cash on delivery, credit/debit card, online banking,
Shipping and delivery
The shipping rates are calculated based on weight, dimensions, origin, and destination. Only certain items are offered free shipping. The amount of the shipping fees will be clearly indicated in the order summary during checkout.
Once your order has been verified, do expect to receive it between 1 to 6 working days (except Sunday and holidays) in metro areas. On the other hand, your order will arrive within 3 to 10 working days (except Sunday and holidays).
Returns and refunds
To have your product returned, you are required to check the validity of the return policy. Once you have met all the requirements, you may fill in the online return form and print the shipping label. Pack the item in a box and attach the shipping label to it. Simply drop it off at the courier partner and your refund will be processed.
Customers can choose different refund options based on their payment method during the time of purchase. After that, they will be updated via email and SMS once the refund has been initiated. The credited amount can be seen in the customer’s statement. If you do not receive your refund after the next two months’ statements, do contact your issuing bank.