Air Asia Berhad is an airline that first came to rise in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Currently, it operates flights domestically and internationally, bridging everyone in Malaysia to over 95 destinations located in 22 countries. Its main hub currently is the newly operating KLIA 2, the low-cost carrier terminal at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) in Sepang, Selangor. All its Kuala Lumpur departures and arrivals function through this terminal. It has associate airlines like Thai AirAsia, AirAsia0 Philippines, AirAsia Indonesia, AirAsia Zest, and also its subsidiary, AirAsia X, focuses on long routes and flight journeys. The company’s registered office is in Petaling Jaya, Selangor with its head office is at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Established and founded in 1994 by a government-owned corporation DRB_Hicom, AirAsia began its operations on 18 November 1996. AirAsia was then bought over by the former Time Warner executive Tony Fernandes’ company Tune Air Sdn Bhd on 2 December 2001 for only one ringgit with a USD 11 million worth of debts. Dernandes turned the company around by producing a profit in 2002 and launching new routes from Kuala Lumpur. AirAsia opened a second hub at Senai International Airport in the year 2003 in Johor Bahru and launched its first international flight to Bangkok.
How to Book your Flights with AirAsia
With more destinations everyday, AirAsia has become a leading choice in budget airline in Malaysia! Aside from providing you with the lowest air fares in the country, booking with AirAsia is now easy, and hassle-free. Below are steps on how you can book your AirAsia tickets.
- Go to AirAsia.com, enter your flight schedule, the city of origin and destination, and the number of guests, then click on "search".
- On the website, you will be given a selection of flights available on that date. Feel free to select a different schedule. Select the best flight that would suit your itinerary.
- On the next step, enter your guest details then select add-ons like extra baggage and in-flight meals. You will have a breakdown of booking and travel expenses on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Now that you have everything you need, simply confirm your payment and print your itinerary!
AirAsia has various payment methods in order to reach out to a wider range of customers and travelers. AirAsia accepts the following:
- American Express
Visa and MasterCard are accepted for all currencies available on AirAsia.com. As for American Express, AirAsia accepts for MYR,
The 3D Secure was invented for Visa, MasterCard and JCB to further secure CNP's (Cardholder Not Present) internet transactions for every secure payment made. This is to ensure users that even when shopping online, all your personal information and transactions are meant to be used by you only. Also, each credit card has their own version, for Visa, it is "Verified by Visa", for MasterCard it is "MasterCard SecureCode" whereas JCB is "J/Secure".
Furthermore, with the AirAsia mobile app, everyone can book, check-in and save all travel details on Android or iOS mobile devices! The internet is all you need and you are good to go! You can go to their official website and scan to get your own AirAsia mobile app.
How to Redeem your AirAsia Promo Codes and Discounts
At AirAsia.com, you can book your flight tickets at an affordable price. Below are steps on how you can use and redeem your AirAsia promo codes and discounts:
- Go to the AirAsia coupon page on iPrice or simply scroll up to view the latest coupons.
- Click on the coupon that you want to use on your booking. You will then be routed to a separate page where you can copy the code.*
- Before you confirm your AirAsia booking, paste the code into the discount box provided.
- Enjoy the latest coupons from AirAsia and iPrice
*There are offers that do not require a coupon code. If so, simply click on the View this Offer button to go directly to the promo you wish to use.
To be updated on the latest seat sales, discounts, and exclusive promo codes, you can sign up for a newsletter. Never miss an AirAsia seat sale with iPrice!