There's a lot of things to get ready for a marathon but one thing that you shouldn't forget is shoes. If you want a brand that specializes in running shoes, Nike has a great selection to choose from. With the right pair, you will be at your absolute best for marathon training.
Running that 5k, 10k, and 42k races subjects your body to the demands of long runs, that is why you need to make sure that you have the right running shoes. Aside from that, you have to find the right pair that is specifically designed and manufactured to give your feet the comfort they need when covering long distances, such as those from Nike. If you are in the market for one, here are some things to consider to find the right pair of Nike running shoes.
The Best Place to Look
If you know what you're looking for, you can buy Nike marathon shoes just about anywhere they are sold. But if you want a place where you can get some additional advice on fit and function, you're better off at a Nike brick-and-mortar store that has staff trained to critique a particular shoe for you.
It Doesn't have to expensive
Another important factor is the price. Due to their special design, build, and durability, Nike marathon shoes can often be pricey. Fortunately, you might be able to get Nike shoe models from previous years that are on sale. Some Nike stores often want to clear out their old inventory before the new models come in, so you can save a few bucks by checking out the discount bin.
However, make sure you don't skimp. Although Nike running shoes are typically on the pricey side, they give you the best bang for your buck by providing excellent quality and comfort, which are essential things you need for your running shoes. Bear in mind that they don't have to be expensive, just make sure that the running shoes you're considering tick all the right boxes.
Your Nike Shoe Should Match the Shape of Your Feet
Like all other running shoes, Nike marathon shoes come in a variety of shapes that go well with various types of feet. Some men have curved feet with higher arches, while others have lower arches and straight feet.
- If you have low-arched, straight feet and you're trying to shove them into curved-tipped shoes, which are designed for people with higher arches, then the risk of rubbing is high, resulting in blisters. That is why if you have low-arched, straight feet, make sure you get straight-tipped shoes.
- If you have curved feet with higher arches, opt for curved-tipped shoes.
By ensuring the tips of your shoes match the shape of your feet, you can prevent a whole host of problems.
Make sure they fit right
Despite managing to find the perfect shoes that tick all the right boxes, if they don't fit right, the results could be detrimental. As a solution, here are three things you need to check for fit:
- Toe Box: This is an important thing to consider, as there are shoes that can make you feel like your toes are in a vice, while other variants can make you feel like your toes are floating. There are also other types that come with a roomy toe box, while some have less room. Make sure you get the right pair.
- Heel: Your heels should not be floating around in the rear of your shoes and they should not be too tight either.
- Instep: This is subject to personal preference, as some Nike shoes are designed for people with higher insteps. Make sure the upper part of the shoes isn't too tight or too roomy.
Examples of Nike Shoes for Marathon Training
Now that you know the essential things to consider when buying Nike running shoes, it's time to finally talk about great examples of Nike footwear that can take your running to the next level. These shoes are amongst the best for running, sporting features that are perfect for marathon training.
Nike Free Flyknit 4.0
- These shoes are for lighter runners and runners with moderate build, as well as those runners with no history of injury.
- These running shoes come with a stretchy polyester yarn that makes up the upper part, which effectively delivers breathable support for the feet.
- Many runners greatly appreciated the flexibility they offer, as well as the designs and color schemes that place a lasting positive impression on those who tried them.
- Lastly, these shoes have precise underfoot comfort and effective cushioning.
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 32
- These shoes are for those who plan to run high mileage.
- Many runners find these shoes comfortable and lighter in weight than its predecessors.
- Their cloth-like upper part and color schemes exhibit a modern design.
- They also come with a flexible forefoot area, allowing you to perform toe-offs quickly and naturally.
Nike LunarGlide 7
- This is for men who want a lightweight shoe with a combination of stability and cushioning.
- Runners will appreciate the stability mechanism these shoes can offer in the mid-foot section, keeping them stable throughout marathon sessions.
- These shoes are also very lightweight, secure, and comfortable, perfect for a variety of activities like running and training.
- These shoes also deliver well in terms of durability, which is why they’re sought-after by many runners.