If you or someone you know is living with a hearing loss, you might want to consider a hearing aid. But it’s tough to figure out the best option for your needs. To help you decide, here are some tips to get you started.
Look for a good provider
To find a provider that you can trust, first, ask your doctor or audiologist to guide you through the process of choosing a hearing aid. Medical professionals might give you all the answers to your questions. Otherwise, you can check out the hearing aids on Siemens Malaysia website, which are trusted by many medical experts all over the world.
Understand three main styles of hearing aids
Hearing aids come in three different styles - behind-the-ear, in-the-ear, and completely-in-canal. Make sure to try on each of these options to figure out which one offers the most comfort. Also, every person has different needs, so what you feel is right may not be the best option for your friend.
- Behind-the-ear – these hearing aids sit in your ear with a coil that hooks behind your outer ear. They are the most commonly used models for those living with hearing loss.
- In-the-ear – this type is the most traditional option with a primary component that sits in your ear entirely, outside of the ear canal. In-the-ear variants are designed to fit the user’s precise measurements.
- Completely-in-canal – for those suffering from moderate hearing loss, this type of hearing aid is the best option. This is usually placed in the ear canal, making it less visible.
Aside from these, there are cutting-edge variants of hearing aids like those from Siemens Malaysia. Siemens hearing aids come with a mobile app so users can personalize their hearing aid.
Check for Additional Features
Once you’ve figured out the right style of hearing aid, consider additional features that the user might like. Here are some extra features that medical experts have found useful.
- Telecoil Switch - this is essential for speaking on the telephone, as it prevents any high-pitched feedback by moving from your normal settings to a special setting.
- Directional microphone – Regular hearing aids capture sound equally from every direction. But attaching a directional microphone can make a difference as you can choose where to put the focus. For instance, you could aim the microphone on a TV at the front of a room or a performer in the stage.
- Direct audio input – this feature allows you to connect your hearing aid directly to a TV, computer, or other devices so you can hear sounds without any interference.
Figure out what’s important to you in a hearing aid
To aid you in making a final decision, it’s essential to give some thought to what is essential to you in a hearing aid. Whether you want to be able to catch every line of dialog while watching a movie or you want something that will keep with your active lifestyle, make sure to determine your priorities to make sure that you choose the right hearing aid that exactly meets your needs. If you want a hearing aid that is great for both multimedia and physical activities, Siemens Malaysia is the brand to check out.