When you’re always on the go, you need a comfortable pair of footwear – a pair that makes you feel like you’re walking on a cloud. What other footwear gives you this comfort other than flats? The perfect pair of flats is not only easy to wear, it is stylish, sophisticated and hella’ fun too! Flats are available in many styles and designs and fit in no matter where you are. As comfy as they are, there are also tremendous varieties for you to choose from.
Flat Shoes Offer Much Needed Comfort
When the terms ‘high fashion’ and ‘shoes’ are mentioned in the same sentence, stilettos are the first footwear to come to mind. But after an entire day in sky-high heels, your aching feet need a remedy from this cruel world. This is where flats come in handy. Slip into these gentle shoes and let them ease your pain. And you know what? You won’t have to sacrifice your style either. Flats are considered as sexy as high heels.
Know Your Flats
Now is the time for flat shoes. It is best to know the type of flats you need in your wardrobe before you go out and get yourself a pair. Here is a list that might help you the next time you go shopping for flats:
- What is a flat shoe? A pair of flats is a type of shoe that does not have any heel added to it.
- Flip-flops are a variation of flat sandal which is held to the foot by a strap that goes over and between the toes. They are open-type footwear and are perfect for the warm Malaysian weather.
- Loafers are a low, slip-on shoe that do not come with any shoelaces or buckles.
- Sandals are an exposed style of footwear that includes an open toe and open back. They are easy to wear and have fabric or leather straps across the foot.
- Slippers are flat, casual shoes that slip on and are typically meant for indoor/casual usage.
- Ballet Flats are soft shoes, closet toe that make your feet flat for a streamlined look. Modelled after shoes worn by ballet dancers, ballet shoes give a feminine look.
- Espadrilles are shoes that have a rope or similar material covering the sole of the footwear.
Flat Shoes for Men
Yes, there are flat shoes for men too! It's the stereotype to think that only women look for flat shoes in contrast to their high heels collection. Flat shoes for men come in all shapes and sizes as most shoes for men are, well… flat. Some examples of flat shoes for men are loafers, sandals, flip-flops and Espadrilles.
Where Do You get Your Flats?
Shopping is the best way to put a smile on anyone’s face. But heading into the mall to buy a pair of flats is no smart way to shop. One way to maintain that smile on your face is via online shopping. With thousands of options from hundreds of merchants at discounted prices, you will be spoilt for choice. So go ahead and check out the selection above. Happy shopping!