To protect your home against intruders, burglars, and other lawless elements, you need door locks installed in your home. There are different types of door locks in Malaysia, each has its pros and cons. Learn more about door locks below to ensure full security and safety for your home.
Top Trending in Security Door
Top Door Locks Price List 2021
Available in Lazada RM 3,288.00 Go to Shop
According to a study, almost 70% of burglaries involve forced entry. This is the result of having a door lock that doesn’t hold well, allowing burglars and intruders to easily pry it open. Thus, it is best to get the right door lock to make your doors stronger and more protective. Here are the most impressive types of locks that will enhance your home’s security.
An entry lockset comes with two doorknobs that can be locked, whether you are inside or outside. There are different models, some have a small button which you can turn in order to lock the door from outside. Others need a key to lock inside and outside. The best thing about entry locksets is that they are equipped with a deadlatch – a locking mechanism that is typical of houses these days. A deadlatch automatically locks right after you close the door from outside, however, you need to key-lock it first from the inside before going out. This makes it hard for burglars and intruders to get into the premises. That is why before households can get full insurance coverage, they are required by insurance companies to have deadlocks. With the entry door lockset, you can ensure the security of your home is much better and secure.
This type of lock offers maximum security through its deadbolt locking mechanism. A deadbolt has to be key-locked from the outside. Once it’s locked, you will have to use a key either from the inside or outside to move the “dead” bolt to the unlocked position. Deadbolts come in three different types: single cylinder, double cylinder, and keyless electronic.
- Single Cylinder - A single cylinder is the most common type of deadbolt. You need a key to unlock and lock the door from the outside. It also has a thumb turn mechanism that is used from the inside to lock or unlock the door.
- Double Cylinder - Double cylinder deadbolts come with two key cylinders, one at each side of the door. In order to lock or unlock the door, you have to use a key which provides more security but can cause a lot of problems during emergencies since you need to find your key so you can open the door and escape.
- Keyless Electronic Deadbolts - If you worry about losing your keys, then a keyless electronic deadbolt will be your best bet. It is programmable; therefore, to lock or unlock the door, you have to make your own personalized code.
Of all the types, padlocks are the only ones that are not permanently attached to doors since they are detachable. However, this does not mean that the padlocks are not safe, padlocks are also useful to help ensure the security of your home. They come in various sizes as well as many different types. There are two main types of padlocks which are keyed and combination.
- Keyed padlocks type - Before purchasing a keyed padlock, you should consider whether to go for a key-retaining or non-key-retaining. A key-retaining padlock holds the key and does not allow you to remove it while it is open, unlike a non-key-retaining padlock. Also, there are keyed padlocks that are shrouded, meaning the padlock’s shoulders are raised to cover the sides of its shackles. This makes it hard for burglars or thieves to cut the padlock due to the partly covered shackles.
- Combination padlocks type- They are the padlocks that have number dials. To unlock, you just need to enter the combination you have set up.
Frequently Asked Questions about Door locks
One of the best door locks that are ever known is the Yale Premier Single Cylinder YH82. This door lock is one of the finest that you can get on the market. It can withstand all manner of kick-ins, drilling and is also able to resist any form of lock-picking. Thus, if you wish to have full security of your home, obtaining the Yale Premier Single Cylinder YH82 would definitely be a great choice.
If you are looking for a good lock for your main door, there are many door locks that you can opt for to keep your home safe and sound. Here is a list of door locks that you can opt for to maximize security for your house.
- Kwikset Juno Keyed Entry Door Knob
- SCHLAGE Z-Wave Camelot Deadbolt
- Addalock The Original Portable Door Lock
- SCHLAGE Camelot Keypad Entry with Flex-Lock
- Kwikset Belleview Handleset