Ralph Lauren Malaysia - The world of class and style
- What you need to know about Ralph Lauren
- How to spot authentic Polo by Ralph Lauren T-shirt
- Online Shopping for Ralph Lauren had never been this easy!
American influence can be seen in almost anywhere, from food to fashion and Ralph Lauren proved to be one of the best brands to attest that fact. Since the 60's, Ralph Lauren had been heavily influencing the fashion scene with its fashionable yet comfortable clothes for everyday wear from polo shirts, perfumes, apparel, shoes, bags and many more! Because of its wide array of products, people had always looked forward to store sales but now, you can do that within the comforts of your own home. Take a look at our Ralph Lauren Malaysia store and shop online now!
What you need to know about Ralph Lauren
It all started in 1967 when Ralph Lauren started his own necktie line under the label Polo. Ralph, who was 28 at that time was working for Beau Brummell - the tie manufacturer. Ralph’s ties stood out from the trends of that time with wide ties design and use of high-end, luxurious fabrics.
In Ralph’s first year of business, he sold $500,000 worth of ties to the most illustrious names in men’s clothing which included Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s and Paul Stuart. “It wasn't the tie; it was a commitment to myself. It was a commitment to do what I loved and give it my all. It was exciting. That tie grew into a whole industry. (1992) I called it Polo because it was a sport that had a sensibility that was sporty and international. It was tweedy and sophisticated. It was stylish. Polo had an imagery that represented the lifestyle of the ties and the clothes. (2000)”
By the following year, a full line of Polo menswear was launched. Bloomingdale’s in New York was home to the first Polo Ralph Lauren shop. It was also the first time this mega-chain store gave the designer his own in-store boutique. In 1970, Bill Blass had this to say about Ralph’s designs, “He’s the first young designer I’ve seen that I feel as sure as I do about myself.”
The brand continued its pace in the fashion scene, and created even more buzz in 1971. This was the year Polo debuted tailored shirts for women. This was the same year the ‘polo player’ logo was introduced, and embroiled on the cuffs of the women’s shirts and followed by the creation of his iconic Polo Shirt a year afterward. Ralph said this about his latest design, “I changed the women's shirt and made it sexier, with skinny sleeves and a skinny fit. They were much like the men's, made in the men's factory, but they were not just your boyfriend's shirt. They were yours.”
After establishing the brand in the menswear market, Ralph tackled womenswear in 1972. Two years later, Polo Ralph Lauren created the wardrobe for the stars of the movie The Great Gatsby. The Gatsby look was created for Robert Redford and included a pink suit as well. The brand celebrated its first international store opening in London in 1981. During the 1980s, the brand launched Ralph Lauren Home, debuted its Santa Fe collection and women’s equestrian collection.
The 1990s marked a period of continuous innovation for the brand. In 1992, Lauren received the 1991 CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award. Audrey Hepburn presented the designer with the award during the ceremony. The next year, the brand celebrated more debuts including a line of casual menswear, Lauren by Ralph Lauren, and Ralph Lauren paint.
Today, the brand has broadened its reach with a vast variety of offerings from casual wear, red-carpet looks, sportswear and formal wear too. Be it for men, women or kids, the connecting thread of this brand is that it constantly delivers quality, style and iconic silhouettes with and even more recognizable logo.
A designer who has captured the hearts of the stars
Here are a number of celebrities in pop culture, fashion and music who just can't get enough of Ralph Lauren:
- Kristen Stewart
- Jessica Simpson
- Kourtney Kardashian
- Jessica Alba
- Taylor Swift
- Megan Fox
- Freida Pinto
- Keira Knightley
- Angelina Jolie
- Kate Bosworth
- Emmy Rossum
- Shailene Woodley
- Olivia Palermo
- Beyonce Knowles
- Sarah Jessica Parker
- Camilla Belle
- Alessandra Ambrosio
- Cate Blanchett
- Emma Watson
- Chrissy Teigen
- Rachel McAdams
- Blake Liveley
- Kate Middleton
- Uma Thurman
The brand encourages creativity, simplicity and comfort, that is the reason why a lot of celebrities just can't get enough of Ralph Lauren. They want to look like a million dollars but still want to be comfortable in their own way, in and out of the set. But you don't have to be a celebrity to own your very own Ralph Lauren outfit! Browse for the best deals and sale prices at our online store!
Ten Ralph Lauren facts any fan should know:
- Ralph Lauren is the official outfitter for Wimbledon Tennis Championships and the U.S. Open through 2015
- Ralph Lauren is the only designer who has won four of the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s top honors. (They are the Lifetime Achievement Award, the Womenswear Designer of the Year Award, the Menswear Designer of the Year Award and the Retailer of the Year Award)
- Dylan Lauren, Ralph Lauren’s daughter, is the founder of Dylan’s Candy Bar, a chain of boutique candy shops
- Ralph Lauren is under contract as the designer of the U.S Olympic team’s uniforms since 2008 and will continue to do so until 2020
- Ralph Lauren was born Ralph Rueben Lifshitz, and changed his last name to Lauren when he was 16 years old
- Ralph Lauren served in the United States Arm Reserves
- Besides designing clothing, Ralph Lauren has three restaurants. (They are RL Restaurant in Chicago, Polo Bar in New York and Ralph’s in Paris)
- In 1986, Ralph was inducted into the Coty Hall of Fame
- Ralph started the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer (FTBC) initiative in 1994
- Ralph had the honor of receiving his first-ever CFDA American Fashion Legend Award in June 2007
How to spot an Authentic Polo by Ralph Lauren T-Shirt
With the number of "so-called" authentic Ralph Lauren shirts available, especially in Malaysia, here are some tips to help you distinguish the fake from the original:
- Shirts from Polo by Ralph Lauren have collar tags that feature the brand. Take a good look at it for some spelling mistakes, font shape errors, positioning and spacing. Default Ralph Lauren stitches on the collar are navy blue so you should check that out as well.
- Still on the collar tag, reverse it and it should look clear without any errors.
- Another hint that a Polo by Ralph Lauren is authentic is it features the correct size of the shirt and is often placed on the right side of the collar tag.
- From the collar tag, take a look at the embroidered Ralph Lauren logo. Even in small sizes, the embroidery should be clear and distinguishable and should show all details of the reigns, the horse, the polo rider and hammer. The positioning of the logo should also be upright with a smooth finish.
- Like the collar tag, the embroidered logo should also look good in reverse with no excessive loose ends.
- While Polo shirts may differ from styles and designs, traditionally, authentic Ralph Lauren T-shirts feature two pearl-white buttons but may vary according to design. Buttonholes should also be neatly stitched with no loose ends.
- Ralph Lauren Polo shirts also feature a care tag which should be evenly spaced, neatly placed and should feature a registered trademark "R".
- Another indication of an authentic Polo by Ralph Lauren T-shirt is its hem. It should be aligned, evenly-stitched, neat and the back should be slightly longer than the front.
With so many shops calling their products original and authentic, as a consumer, you should be aware and be able to distinguish true from fake Ralph Lauren T-shirts. To guarantee satisfaction and original products, shop at legitimate partners and online stores, like what we have. Take a look at our Ralph Lauren products for both men and women in Malaysia.
Online Shopping for Ralph Lauren in Malaysia had never been this easy!
Hands up those of you who feel like you were born to shop! We’re part of the group, and just like any fashion lover, we have our own favourites in fashion and style. There are many talented and visionary designers out there who are known for their nuggets of fashion wisdom, but there’s one name that’s simultaneously captured all markets (men, women and children), Ralph Lauren.
If shopping online gives you a reason to live for another 3 to 5 days (or something less dramatic but captures the exact sentiment), then you’re at the right page. Shopping online can be just as exhilarating as wrapping your fingers around the handles of a new shopping bag. All it takes is a few scrolls, a watchful eye and a couple of clicks before you are introduced to your latest fashion find.
Whether it’s that Ralph Lauren fragrance you have been eyeing or a new outfit, iprice Malaysia has the right selection from the best online stores in the country. Even better than the discounts, promotions and offers, you can shop on the go via your mobile phone. Saw something in store that’s out of stock when you next visit? Look for it on iprice! After all, life is too short for a boring outfit, bag or accessory!