About Smartwatches Malaysia
Smartwatches, the watches of our times
First there were feature phones, then there were smartphones and tablets - now even our watches are smartwatches. Smartwatches are basically mini computers that are placed into the form factor of a wrist watch or a fitness band. As they are aptly named, the core function of smartwatches are to tell the time; further functions are then featured to further enhance the smartwatches' usability.
Smartwatches mostly utilize a touchscreen display of various shapes and sizes (square or round) that the majority of the interaction with the smartwatch is done. Some later smartwatches even feature moving bezels that can be used to navigate throughout the smartwatch. Some smartwatch operation systems also have compatibility with voice control, such as Google's Android Wear.
To fully utilize the potential of a smartwatch, a smartphone is needed. A smartwatch is generally paired to a smartphone via a Bluetooth connection. Information is communicated between a smartwatch and a smartphone through this Bluetooth connection.
- Smartphone notifications at a glance on your smartwatch's display, with options to respond to them.
- Media and music control on your wrist; you do not need to pull out your smartphone from your pocket or bag to change the volume or change the tracks anymore, just tap on your wrist!
- You can keep track of your GPS navigation via your smartwatch. Keep track of your current location and turn-by-turn directions all at the convenience on your wrist.
- Fitness tracking via a smartwatch's various sensors, such as pedometer, altimeter, accelerometer, barometer, and a compass. All the many sensors of a smartwatch can be used to track a lot of different workout and fitness activities, which may give you more information about your workout and then from there you may try to gauge ion about your workout and then from there you may try to gauge how to improve it.
- Last, but not least... A smartwatch can tell the time. Yes - after all, what is a smartwatch if it cannot tell the time? Most smartwatches have the ability to change their watch faces, so you are basically owning a few different watches in the same watch!
Like smartphones, there are many different brands of smartwatches and a few different operating systems to go with it. Most smartphone manufacturing companies also manufacture their own smartwatches. There are several notable brands out there that manufacturing and market very fantastic smartwatches, such as Motorola, Asus, Apple, and Huawei.
Smartwatch buyers should also take note of the smartwatch operating systems; there are several different ones out there. Google's Android Wear smartwatches are compatible with Android phones and also Apple's iOS devices, although the latter is slightly limited in functionality. Apple's watchOS on the other hand, is only compatible with iPhones; Samsung's own Tizen OS watches are also only compatible with their Samsung phones.
Customers who are buying a smartwatch should consider all the features it offers, as well as the operating system to ensure that they will be able to fully utilize their smartwatches.