About Midea Malaysia
- Midea Malaysia: Home Sweet Home
- Midea Malaysia: Being The Best of The Best
- Midea Malaysia: Keeping Life Cool
- Midea Malaysia: Efficient For Life
- Midea Malaysia: Quality Products for A Quality Lifestyle
In the year 1968, Mr. He Xiang Jian founded the Midea Group with 23 other fellow residents of a small town in Guangdong, China. The company started out as a plastic production team that soon ventured into the household appliance in 1980. Their first appliance product was an electrical fan and a year later the “Midea” trademark was registered.
Other than its flagship brand, Midea Group also manages a few other brands. Among which are:
- Little Swan - one of China’s well-known home appliances brand. Mostly known for its washing machines.
- MDV - a division under Midea’s Commercial Air-Conditioning Division. It is known worldwide as a professional HVAC solutions brand.
- Hualing - most respected appliances brand that specializes in air conditioners and refrigerators
- Welling - excels in manufacturing motor and driving systems for household appliances and vehicles
- GMCC - a joint venture between Midea and Toshiba-Carrier that develops and manufactures compressors for air conditioning and heat pumps
Any industry is competitive and that is especially true in the world of home appliances where the older top dogs, like Electrolux and Bosch, continue to have a strong presence in the market. But being a slightly younger company has not deterred Midea from making its mark in the industry. Its strive and promise to be a leader in scientific and technological innovation has ensured that the brand has grown in leaps and bounds.
As the brand grew and continued to spread its influence across the globe, it begun to add more products to its line-up through collaboration with other manufacturers around the globe. One of the many things that Midea believes in is that having a technological advantage in the market is only achievable through teamwork and innovation.
As of today, the brand, Midea, manufactures products that will enhance your home. Here is a list of products that they have to offer:
- Air Conditioning: Residential Air Conditioner, Portable, Dehumidifiers
- Commercial AC: Chiller System, Rooftop Package, Heat Pump Solution, etc.
- Refrigeration: Freezer, Refrigerator, Wine Cooler
- Laundry: Washing Machine, Dryer
- Kitchen: Microwave, Oven, Slow Cooker, Electric Steamer, Dishwasher, Cooking Hood, etc.
- Home Solutions: Water Heater, Fans, Heaters, Vacuum Cleaner, Steam Cleaner
- Lighting: LED Lamp Source, Compact Fluorescent Light, LED Luminaries
- Compressors: Rotary Compressor, Rceip Compressor
Because of its long history in cooling objects, it is no wonder that Midea is known for its air conditioners. Much of its achievements could be attributed to its partnerships with other manufacturers that allows the company to constantly update the technology used in their air conditioners. The first time Midea collaborated with a company (Toshiba) for research and production of an air conditioner was in year 1990. The final product of that collaboration was the split-style air conditioners. Over the years Midea has continued its close relationship with Toshiba as well as form relationships with several other companies to continued advancing its line of air conditioners. Among the other companies involved are Telesonic, Sri Lanka’s leading distributor of cooling appliances, and Carrier, an American-based cooling appliances manufacturer.
Midea offers various kinds of air conditioners. Among them being:
- Wall Type Air Conditioners
- Window Type Air Conditioners
Certain air conditioners even include a heating element! But that is of course made available only for countries that experience the four seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter) and require a heater.
Among the many China-based companies that took part in China’s energy-saving appliances subsidy policy, Media is serious in its efforts to provide and promote energy saving products for its consumers around the globe. The brand has been featured in China’s Energy-Efficiency Star Approval Catalogue for its efforts in 2013. The catalogue, along with the Energy-Efficiency Star logo, allows consumers to easily and quickly recognize products that are economical as well as environmentally friendly. Among the products that have been featured in the catalogue are 3 of Midea’s air conditioners.
In addition to making its products more environmentally friendly, Midea also pledged to work with several non-profit organizations every year. The company strives to provide help for both individuals and entire communities to build a better world for today and the future. It was noted that by the end of 2011, Midea had donated more than 500 Million RMB to these causes.
Shop for quality Midea products on iprice at affordable prices. From Midea Air Conditioners to Midea Home Appliances, you will find everything you need for your home here. If Midea’s product line-ups are not to your liking, then we recommend that you take a look at Panasonic or Samsung for something that would be ideal for your home and you.