A mascara is a cosmetic product which darkens, lengthens, defines, or thickens a person’s eyelashes. There are three types of mascaras: powder, cream, or liquid and are made of several formulas which include the basic pigments, oils, and waxes. While some might think that mascaras are modern beauty products, historical evidence suggests that it has been around since 4000 BC in ancient Egypt. During the era, mascara was not only used for cosmetic purposes but was also believed to ward off evil spirits. Today, it is part of every woman’s make up regimen, enhancing the eyelashes and adding magic to every look.
Mascara is divided into two main groups: (1)
Cream mascaras are great for adding volume to think eyelashes, and adds more depth to your eyes. However, you would need to have a special applicator since cake mascaras can easily be smudged.
Perhaps the most common form of mascaras, liquid mascaras are great for women with curled eyelashes since it enhances and sharpens them. The best thing about liquid mascaras is that it is available in both water-soluble and resistant variants.
If liquid mascara is the most common, then powder mascara is the exact opposite of it. What makes powder mascaras so different is that you have to add water for it to work which gives your eyes that false-lashes look.
Choosing the right mascara for the right occasion has always been a great issue for many women. To help you out, here are some great tips on how to choose the right mascara for different types of lashes, and looks:
- When looking for a mascara to enhance your bottom lash, use mascara with small wands to accurately tint the smallest hair strands without clumping.
- If you want to have a better curl on your lashes, then a mascara with a curved wand would definitely suit the job. Apply mascara on the topside of your lash, cupping it against its natural curve to maximize the curling effect.
- To get that natural eyelash look, mascaras with rubber wands would be perfect! Because of its moderately-spaced bristles, it simply applies enough mascara to give you that natural look.
- If you want to be more creative with your lashes and want precise application, you would need a mascara with a circular wand. Though it would take you more time to apply, you would certainly achieve that gorgeous dolly lash look.
- To thicken and add volume to your lashes, you would need a mascara wand with tightly packed bristles to pack more mascara on each strand of your eyelashes.
- If you want to define and add length to your lashes, a mascara with comb-like and evenly spaced wand would certainly help you achieve that look!
When it comes to mascara, there are tons and tons of different brands out there that you should look into. If you want to splurge on your beauty needs, you can choose brands like Estee Lauder mascara, Clinique mascara, Lancome mascara, and RMK mascara, but for those who are in a tight budget, brands like San San cosmetics mascara, Light in the Box mascara, Ashley Shine mascara, and Covergirl mascara would certainly do the job.
There is a saying that the “eyes are windows to the soul”, so make sure to look your best and add spark to your look with the best mascara online! Choose from our wide array of mascara brands here, and take home the best one!