How can you tell if a Louis Vuitton bag is real?
- On the Louis Vuitton stamp, the tail of the L is very short and the O is very large. The double T are very close to each other. In addition, the letters are lined accurately. If a Louis Vuitton bag doesn’t have the above, then it is most likely a fake.
- Counterfeits don’t have the quality hardware an authentic Louis Vuitton bag has. The engraving as well isn’t as crisp and clear as that on a true Louis Vuitton bag.
Why are Louis Vuitton handbags so expensive?
- All handbags are hand made, it usually takes 1 week for one handbag to be made with the most perfect stitching known to man.
- All LV handbag materials are waterproof and fireproof because of the materials canvas and PVC.
- The LV bags they produce are timeless; meaning even 10 years from now, it will still be considered a fashionable piece.
How much does a Louis Vuitton purse cost?
A Louis Vuitton bag costs between RM4,224 to RM23,812.
Why does Louis Vuitton burn unsold bags?
To sustain its value.
Is LV bags fireproof?
Yes, LV uses PVC coated canvas which is known for its fireproof properties.
A Complete Guide to Care for Your Louis Vuitton Bags
Different Louis Vuitton Bag Sizes
If you ever wonder what the initials in a Louis Vuitton bag are for (e.g. Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM), then read on. The first thing you must know before getting yourself a Louis Vuitton bag is that they come in various sizes and they don’t use normal size labels cause that’s basic. The initials next to the Louis Vuitton bag name indicates the sizes and it comes in 4 different types: BB, PM, MM, and GM.
The meaning of BB is still not confirmed by Louis Vuitton but fans of the brand think it may mean “bebe bandouliere” or baby shoulder. BB Louis Vuitton bags are often smaller than the PM, MM, and GM, and they always come with an accompanying shoulder strap.
The Petite Model (PM) is the smallest out of all the Louis Vuitton bag sizes. Despite its size label, though, PM Louis Vuitton bags can easily fit a large Louis Vuitton wallet, phone, sunglasses, keys, and more. On the other hand, the Moyen Modele (MM) is suitable for people on-the-go as the bag can fit more necessities. Lastly, if you’re looking for a chic bag for your travels, consider the Grand Modele (GM). They can pass a light travel bag and are able to hold a few pieces of clothes because of the capacity.
How to Know If It’s the Real Deal
It has been proven that Louis Vuitton bags are the easiest branded item to replicate and that’s why you can find Louis Vuitton bags in wholesale markets and resellers. There’s nothing wrong if you decide to buy yourself a Louis Vuitton bag replica, but if you’re seeking for the real deal, there are ways to make sure what you bought is an authentic Louis Vuitton bag.
First, check the stamping of the LV monogram. It should be symmetrical, thin, clear, and crisp. Then, take a look at the stitching. Louis Vuitton uses special techniques to create their durable stitching and the threads will never unravel and remain even throughout. Finally, look at the datecodes on the Louis Vuitton bags. Different datecodes signify where your bag was manufactured (France, Italy, Spain, United States, Switzerland, or Germany). If the datecode is different or signifies other countries, your Louis Vuitton bag is likely to be a counterfeit.
How to Maintain Your Louis Vuitton Bag
Caring for your luxury Louis Vuitton bags is not as hard as you think. Make sure when storing the bag that you keep it in the dust cover provided for you in a clean and dry environment. Avoid getting perfumes or other chemicals onto the bag as it can wash off the color and embellishments. Also, consider on taking the bag for a regular maintenance work at the Louis Vuitton boutique once or twice per year.