Surviving years of fashion
One of the most commonly worn piece of jewellery, necklaces have been around since the stone ages dating back to 40,000 years ago. Believed to be the first item of Malaysia jewellery to exist, necklaces were made of vines and natural elements like shells and bones gathered from successful hunting trips. Nowadays, necklaces are worn as a fashion statement or for sentimental purposes by both men and women. They have come a long way and evolved with modern materials such as gold, silver and platinum, allowing for more durability and refined designs.
Fun facts about Necklaces
- Necklaces are worn around the neck because it is close to the heart. This is why people often like gifting and receiving them as they symbolize the strengthening of love.
- The first gold necklace was made around 2500BC.
- Some necklaces, especially those made of precious stones are said to have healing powers such as the amber teething necklaces that children wear.
Necklaces Malaysia galore
Chokers: A very short necklace that wraps around right at the neck, chokers are great for that badass, punk rock look. Pair a gold choker with a one coloured ensemble to get that Rihanna look or opt for a black choker to dress the part for a rock concert.
Pearl necklaces: Usually beaded or in a pendant form, pearl necklaces represents purity and class. Its magnificence exudes elegance and are perfect for more formal occasions. A flared cocktail dress would go great with a pearl necklace.
Diamond necklaces: Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Who could say no to them? Sparkly and attention grabbing, diamond necklaces are the epitome of luxury. Often gifted as a sign of love, diamond necklaces are great for formal balls and gala nights. Glamorous and gorgeous, diamond necklaces are sure to highlight your natural beauty
Statement necklaces: Chunky, loud and attention grabbing. Statement necklaces are the in thing now. They can magically turn a casual outfit to one better suited for a party. Awesome for lazy days when you can’t be bothered to doll yourself up, your statement necklace will do just the trick!
Pair your necklace with your outfit
- Strapless/ bare neck tops goes well with chokers
- Turtle necks are best accessorized with long necklaces to add some colour to the plain outfit
- Asymmetric tops can either be paired with a simple dainty pendant necklace or a symmetrical beaded necklace
- V necks goes well with a necklace that is also V shaped. This will highlight and further flatter the V shape top
- Collared tops when buttoned up to the neck would go well with a chunky necklace that perfectly fits around the collar and tucked under
- Boat neck shirts matches a long layered necklace that drapes well over the top
- Sweetheart necklines would be most suitable with a curved necklace to fill in the bare chest area
Get it right!
The trick is to not go overboard! If you are wearing an outfit with lots of prints and details, go with a simple necklace because sometimes less is more. However, if you are opting for a simpler, plain outfit, feel free to add a loud, chunky accent piece. Don’t be afraid to play around with colour and have some fun with different necklaces every day! In no time, you will master the art of accessorizing your clothes with the perfect malaysian necklace.
Own it & Flaunt it!
Don’t forget to complete all your outfits with the right necklace. Find beautiful Malaysian necklaces to enhance your look at iprice. With prices ranging from as low as RM10.00 up to RM10930.00 on a wide variety of designs, you can now enjoy shopping online at the comfort of your own home! Simply browse, click on your desired necklace, and get directed to the trusted website that offers you the very best customer services and quality products, as below:
- Kei Mag
- Say Fashion
You’ve got nothing to lose! Add character and bring life to your style with fresh new looks! Necklaces will do just that so don’t miss out on the most awesome deals and offers on some of the greatest necklaces you can find on the market!