- Beads Malaysia - An Ancient Artform
- Types of Beads from Around the World
- Accessorizing with Beads Malaysia
Beads are small decorative items that come in many shapes as well as sizes. It has a small hole drilled into it for threading or stringing. Way back in the Mesopotamia age (where the earliest evidence of beads was discovered), people then would form beads by wrapping pieces of glass over a metal mandrel (this process was called core-forming). Today’s beads are made from a variety of materials, such as wood, plastic, pearl, stone and so on.
Beads are typically used to make necklaces, bracelets, earrings or even sewed onto clothing. The art/cart of using beads to make thing is typically referred to as beadwork. Beads can be woven together using thread, flexible wires or glued/sewn onto a surface.
There are many different types of beads to choose from. Each shape, size, material and style can be used to add a unique look to your overall look. Among the many beads that you can choose from, here is a list of the beautiful beads that we think would be of interest to you:
- Bugle Beads
- These beads come in the shape of narrow tubes. They come in various colors and lengths. They are very small in size and are useful for creating delicate bead jewellery.
- Cloisonne Beads
- These beads are made from metal and are decorated with enamels. Each bead has a thin metal wire soldered into place to create an outline pattern. The enamel can then be painted in between the wire sections to make beautiful beads that stand out.
- Millefiori Beads
- Millefiori refers to an Italian glasswork technique that produces distinctive decorative patterns on glass. ‘Mille’ means a thousand in Italian while fiori means flower. This name was given as beads (or any glassware) produced from this technique looks like they are covered in many tiny flowers.
- Crackle Glass Beads
- These beads are made from glass and have cracks all over the inside of the bead. However, the surface of the bead will feel smooth and unbroken.
- Shamballa Style Beads
- These beads have a clay base that is set with rhinestones/crystals. The stones are set closely together to create a sparkly, eye-catching bead that is sure to add some glitter and style to your look.
- Chevron Beads
- Also known as rosetta beads, they were first produced in Murano, Italy and were made from glass. Each bead is made from a varied number of consecutive layers of colored glasses that form a beautiful multi-colored bead at the end of the process.
Create your very own bracelet, necklace or even earring from these the wide array of beads above. Or you could even a few beads on your t-shirt/blouse to give a more unique look. If you are looking for other ideas to accessorize your outfit, then check out the other Jewellery products that we have to offer.