About Ikea Malaysia
IKEA - The world largest furniture store
IKEA is by far the world’s largest furniture store. Established in 1943, IKEA is a store that is known for having the widest selection of relatively inexpensive, yet stylish and modern furniture. Since the company is the hugest, it is said that at least 10% of all Europeans that are alive today was conceived on an IKEA bed. IKEA is a value driven company with an in-depth passion for life at home. You can be assured that every product created is their idea of making your home a better place.
With over 315 stores in all 7 continents of the world, IKEA is known for creating a better everyday life for many people, keeping it true to their vision which goes beyond just home furnishing. With a business idea of offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices that are extremely affordable that everyone will be able to have at least one IKEA product at home, they work extremely hard at offering your reasonable products without forgetting quality.
So, if you are still not convinced on how IKEA can be as famous as they are, here are some points that might make you are true believer of IKEA.
- It provides low cost furniture (if it is not obvious enough)
- It allows customers to design and assemble furniture themselves
- You will be shocked with the large variety of furniture
- If you are into modern designs, then IKEA is the place for you.
- Shuttle busses are operated in case you ever get tired circling the whole mall.
- Its products are single words names so you never have to worry about forgetting any.
- They provide large parking spaces to accommodate their customers to park their cars and shop with a peace of mind.
IKEA Malaysia, known for making a change
IKEA being the world’s largest furniture company, there are surely something that would surely spark your interest in the thing that made IKEA, IKEA. Here are 10 interesting trivia bits that would surely blow your mind.
- The store was created by a Nazi Sympathizer. The founder Ingvar Kamprad who founded IKEA when he was just 17 years old, was directly involved with fund raising and recruitment for the New Swedish Movement, a pro-fascist, anti-Semitist group that emphasized Swedish Nationalism. In 1194, he claimed that to be the biggest mistake of his life and apologize for his actions to every Jewish employee with personally hand-written letter.
- The word IKEA is actually an acronym that is closely relationship to Ingrav Kamprad’s heart. The letters stands for his initials, the initials of the farm that he grew in and the town where the farm was located.
- IKEA have a very different way of naming their products because Kamprad was dyslexic and he found it hard to manage an inventory that was made up of product codes. Most items on IKEA are named according to a new system where each type of item carries a different name origin.
- If you can’t afford a house, head on down to IKEA and grab a flat-pack house for half the price.
- They were the first company to feature a gay relationship in a commercial which was a big deal for such a major company back in 1994.
- Kamprad the founder, was once denied entry at a gala when he showed up to receive his award, the Businessman of the Year Award because he arrived via bus.
- There are about 9500 home furnishing products in the IKEA range.
- IKEA employs more than 131,000 people worldwide
- In the near future, IKEA will convert its entire lighting range to LED and only LED lamps and bulbs will be sold from then onwards.
- IKEA sells one billy bookshelf every 10 seconds for it is the company’s most popular product.
Get the best of IKEA Malaysia here
Out of the many things that can make you happy, shopping is another thing that can put a smile on your face. But that smile can fade off and turn into a frown when you find yourself stuck in the traffic jam on your way to the mall that can go on for hours. You will feel even more bitter when you waste your time circling the mall, fight your way through the stuffy and crowded mall just to find your favorite piece of furniture in another person’s possession. There is also a tendency for you to hurt your wallet when you purchase all the extra things that you don’t even need. One way you can continue to shop and keep smiling from ear to ear is when you do it via iprice.ph.
Filled with over 500 local, international and designer brands that is inclusive of fashion, gadgets, electronics and even home appliances, shoppers can find for everything under one roof. Not only that, iprice.ph also offers coupon, deals, vouchers and discounts up to 70%, free of charge. Shoppers can now shop for their favorite products without leaving a dent in their bank account.