What do you do when want to add a splash of color to your home but scared of the permanence of wall decors? Read here to find out why adding wall paintings to your home décor collection is a great alternative.
Get the latest deals and coupons right in your inbox!
Top Paintings Price List 2020
News about Paintings
5 Essentials to Create the Ultimate Ma’am Cave27 August 2017
We have often heard of the term man cave, but rarely the female equivalent of it. The Ma’am Cave or more affectionately known as She Shed is an area for the woman of the household to escape as well as do whatever to her hearts content.
We Never Thought Gucci Will Come Out with a Furniture Collection but Here It Is25 August 2017
What’s Gucci, home décor? Just yesterday, Gucci unveiled its latest furniture collection and tbh, it got us all shook.
Many would choose to not display paintings in their homes as they consider it a scary investment. If it doesn’t fit the theme of the interior design, it can create an imbalance to the whole look and feel of your home. The five reasons and tips below can help you use wall paintings to bring life to any rooms in your house.
5 reasons why you should decorate with wall paintings
If you need extra persuasion, the five reasons below highlight the advantages of a wall painting and what it can bring to your home.
- Paintings are great for renters. They don’t require you to permanently alter your walls to be hung. Simply get a hook with a strong adhesive and hang your paintings up. You can even prop it up on a mantle or the floor to avoid ruining your wall.
- It brings your room décor together. After putting so much work in choosing your furniture and decorative trinkets, add a wall painting for a little bit of cohesion. After all, nobody likes a naked wall.
- They provide texture to your home décor. Paintings can be made with a variety of ways like with acrylic, watercolor, oil paint, and so on. Each of them creates different textures and effects
- They are one of a kind. If you buy them directly from the artist, the paintings won’t be replicated and mass-marketed. By doing this, you know that each painting is made with meticulous attention and love.
- Paintings can inspire people. Looking at a bright-colored painting can instantly improve your mood. If you feel stuck in a place, a painting of a beautiful landscape can be a temporary solution to your wanderlust.
Turning your wall paintings into masterpieces
You don’t need an original Monet or a Van Gogh to decorate your walls with paintings. When you follow these decorating tips, you can turn any paintings into a masterpiece.
- Utilize lighting to showcase your paintings. Putting a spotlight above your paintings can highlight the art and make it stand out.
- Pick color-contrasting art pieces. Hanging paintings with a different color palette than your home can elevate the interior décor.
- Arrange the paintings carefully. Don’t hang them too high or too low. The center of the art should be within eye level. An easy way to ensure this is to hang it above a sofa or the headboard of a bed.
- Measure the walls and outline spaces with kraft paper and tape so you can arrange a group of paintings neatly.
- Place furnishings around the art to complement it. The placement of your art is important but you need to also pay attention to how and where you place your decorative furniture.