Any spirit connoisseur is surely familiar with this cognac brand. Hennessy offers some of the most delectable and high-quality cognacs that have become the favourites of many across the globe. Read more about Hennessy Malaysia below.
Top Hennessy Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Hennessy VSOP||RM 316.00||Boozeat|
|Hennessy XO||RM 828.00||Boozeat|
|Hennessy VS SHAKER||RM 260.00||Boozeat|
|Hennessy VSOP Magnum 1.5L||RM 940.00||Boozeat|
Jas Hennessy & Co., or widely known as just Hennessy, is a French cognac brand that was founded all the way in 1765. Not only is the brand considered as one of the leading cognac labels, but it has also become a staple in modern culture, as referenced in many songs or films. Aside from that, Hennessy is also one of the biggest cognac distributors in the world, supplying 40% of the world’s cognac and selling up to 50 million bottles annually.
What is cognac?
Cognac is a type of brandy named after a region in France with the same name. Cognac is produced by distilling white wine twice. The white wine used in the production process must be dry, thin, and acidic, characteristics that would make them a horrible wine to drink. However, this type of wine is excellent for ageing and distillation.
There are several grades of cognac that are used to grade the quality of the liquor. The grades are:
- V.S (Very Special) or three stars signifies cognac that has been aged for at least two years inside the cask.
- V.S.O.P (Very Superior Old Pale) or Reserve signifies a blend of cognac that was aged for at least four years in the cask.
- Napoleon is a grade for cognac that was aged for at least six years.
- XO (Extra Old) is cognac blends that were aged for at least 10 years.
- Hors d’age (Beyond Age) refers to blends of similar ageing to XO but they are of higher quality.
The Hennessy Collection
As one of the leading brands of cognac, Hennessy offers a wide range of entry-level as well as superior liquor for all types of drinkers. Below is a list of Hennessy’s current cognac collection.
- Hennessy V.S - the brand’s most popular cognac, it has a bold and fragrant body with roasted almond, vanilla, and fruity notes.
- Hennessy Black - a smooth cognac with bold jasmine, citrus, and honey notes that is perfect for cocktails.
- Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilege - a well-balanced cognac with a unique blend that includes the aroma of fresh fruits, vanilla, spices, and tobacco.
- Hennessy Master Blender’s Selection No. 3 - this Hennessy has praline and toasted hazelnut notes that is surprisingly sweet for a cognac.
- James Hennessy - a silky, structured cognac with blood peach and roasted almond notes that goes well neat or on the rocks.
- Hennessy XO - a cognac with seven chapters: sweet notes, rising heat, spicy edge, flowing flame, chocolate lull, wood crunches, and infinite echo.
- Hennessy X.X.O - this Hennessy has rich and expressive aromatic notes like nutmeg, liquorice, peppermint, and other spices.
- Hennessy Paradis - described as supple, light, and round, this cognac has notes of dried rose, honeysuckle, red fruits, cardamom, and spices.
- Hennessy Paradis Imperial - lighter than most old cognacs, Hennessy Paradis Imperial has a smoky, spicy accent with floral and orange notes.
- Richard Hennessy - named after the founder himself, this cognac is bottled in a carefully-designed, unique carafe.
Limited Edition Hennessy Bottles
Hennessy has released countless limited edition and collector’s bottles made especially for cognac enthusiasts. These bottles include:
- Hennessy VS “44” made to honour Barack Obama as the 44th president
- Hennessy VS “Kaws” to commemorate New York graffiti artist, KAWS
- Hennessy VSOP Helios that came in a gold bottle and was named after the Greek god of the sun
- Hennessy VSOP “NyX’ that came in a platinum bottle with a label that glows under black light
- Hennessy VSOP Kyrios that came in a black bottle with a 3D label
- Hennessy Kenzo to commemorate fashion designer, Kenzo
- Hennessy Luminous that came with a luminous label
Is Hennessy whiskey or brandy?
Hennessy is cognac, which is a type of brandy originating in France.
What is Hennessy made of?
Hennessy is made from distilled and aged white wine grapes from France.
How expensive is Hennessy?
It depends on the type of cognac; some limited and special editions are considerably more expensive than the ones you can find in-store. It can go as low as RM200 and as high as RM33,000 for a special bottle of Hennessy. Of course, the exorbitant price is attributed to the limited production of these special bottles so if you’re looking to get your hands on a Hennessy VS or VSOP, you don’t need to break the bank.
What is the price of Hennessy in Malaysia?
Top Hennessy Products
Hennessy VS Shaker