When it comes to the world of fragrance and beauty, the House of Guerlain has a great reputation for unparalleled devoutness to luxury, sophistication, elegance and unprecedented excellence that has been handed down from generation after generation. Today with more than 700 fragrances in their database, with some considered to the masterpieces of perfumery, the House of Guerlain has become internationally recognized as a symbol of artistry, superlative quality, impeccable style and ultimate grace.
- Guerlain – Exploring the different facets of beauty
- Guerlain – A legendary address for a unique brand
- Guerlain – Creations that are pure legendary
Guerlain was founded in 1828 when Pierre-François-Pascal Guerlain, who was trained as a doctor and chemist, opened his first boutique in Paris. His revolutionary work made him an immediate success as a master perfumer, creating fragrances for the rich and famous – Napeleon III and Queen Victoria to name a few. He then passed on his skills to his son, Aimé, who in turn taught his nephew Jacques (the latter being responsible for Guerlain's signature Shalimar scent). Years later, Jacques handed down the family secrets to his grandson Jean-Paul, which is where the buck stopped. In 1994, Jean-Paul sold the company to the multinational LMVH.
They didn’t just stop at perfumes and captivating scents. As this house is a story of innovation, inventions and firsts, Pierre-François-Pascal Guerlain created all sorts of lotions and potions and was the very first in the industry to create scientifically based skincare. Women had been using kohl eyeliner and mascara to protect their eyes from the sun for eons, but Guerlain was the first to produce and sell these items. The House of Guerlain introduced the very first lipsticks in 1840 (that is still available up to this very day. Continuing with their traditions of firsts, Guerlain introducing Terracotta, the benchmark for all bronzers, and Meteorites, the first product to incorporate colored pearl to create luminosity and even out skin tone.
Today, the house of Guerlain is known for their daring creators, legendary creations and timeless savoir-faire. Fragrances, skincare and make-up from this house are too good to be true. And since that very beginning in 1828, Guerlain never stopped exploring the different facets of beauty to better sublime women.
The Guerlain’s ultimate temple of beauty, the legendary address of 68, Champs-Elysées was given a re-enchanted in 2013. This exceptional address is the new showcase that celebrates the French art of living where you can share a daring dream between Luxury and Beauty. This building blends in history and innovation, it is the prestigious and daring expression of the House and home to its most iconic creations.
With its plant-like design evoking a blooming flower, the perfume organ designed by Peter Marino and made by a skilled metalworker immediately draws attention to the top of the historic staircase. Located on the first floor, L’Institut Guerlain has taken on a new guise and is creating made-to-measure treatments. The restaurant, overseen by Michelin-starred chef Guy Martin, takes you on a journey packed with fragrances and flavours. On the most beautiful avenue in the world, the exceptional now has an address.
- Shalimar – “How can you capture passionate love? This madness that bewitches, devours and captivates. How can you capture it in a bottle to smell it and experience it whenever you wish?” Four centuries ago, this temple of love was home to the most passionate love, that of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal. Madly in love, the Shah offered her the luxuriant Gardens of Shalimar to indulge in their passion. When his wife died, he built a mausoleum as great as his despair. This incredible story fired the imagination of Jacques Guerlain, who created the very first oriental fragrance in history, sealed in its luxurious Baccarat crystal bottle- Shalimar.
- Terracotta – “Terracotta caresses her face and illuminater her delicate features. It flows over her body, becoming one with it. She is radiant”. Inspired by a journey into the heart of the desert, Terracotta by Guerlain captures all the reflections of the sun and lights up the complexion with an instant natural healthy glow. Based on a secret formula, combining know-how unequalled since its creation and with noble, natural materials, these age-old powders glide over the skin like a breeze, leaving behind a subtle, perfect, moisturising, natural and long-lasting tan. Imperceptible and infallible.
- Habit Rouge – “Elegance is the ultimate freedom”. As a homage to the equestrian art, Jean-Paul Guerlain created the first oriental fragrance for men in perfumery in 1965. Habit Rouge refers to the famous red jackets worn by the riders. It is a fragrance mix of earth, warm leather and the forest... This is a high-flying figure, the reflection of mastered, refined and powerful instinct.
- Météorites – “Light is broken down into the colours of the rainbow. Once these isolated colours are reunited on the face, they become pure light once more. The concept of the Météorites is born”. Powder in form of beads. A big bang that overshadows other powders. No more powder puff. Powder that no longer flies away. A delightful application step. Correct, even out, light up. Each colour plays its role to perfection. The face impeccably captures the light and attracts attention.
- Orchidée Impériale – “The essence of Longevity”. It all began with a rare flower,the orchid, a prodigy of longevity. More than 12 years of research in the Orchidarium. 4 orchids selected from amongst 30,000. Since its creation in 2006, Orchidée Impériale has evolved to reflect the discoveries of the Orchidarium to offer continuously renewed global age-defying effectiveness.
Now, with that being said and done, it’s time to indulge in the extraordinary luxury that Gurlain has to offer today exclusively with iprice.