Technology has come far from its roots of bulky hardware and faulty systems. From complementing our daily tasks to connection people from the other side of the world, we depend on technology to make our lives better and technology depends on us on making it better and better. The Garmin brand is no exception to this matter with its collection of sport watches. Read more about them below.
- The Training Partner That Holds On to You: Garmin Forerunner Malaysia
- Better to Beat Yesterday Than for Yesterday to Beat You: A Garmin Forerunner Philosophy
- Garmin Forerunner: Running for the Future, Today
Garmin’s Forerunner Series was first introduced in 2003 with the Garmin Forerunner 101 and 201 hitting the masses. The Forerunners are sport watches produced under the Garmin name that utilizes Global Positioning System (GPS) mainly targeting road runners, marathoners, and triathletes. The core features of Garmin Forerunners are accurate measurement of distance, speed, hear rate, time, altitude, and pace.
Forerunners can also be utilized to record data from training, workouts, and running sessions. This is done through its capability to upload said data to a personal computer—giving way to log-creating for future analysis. Due to the inclusion of GPS, users can also navigate through “marking” their current location and entering coordinates for destinations and paths.
When give the ability to track the performance and progress of your running and sport sessions, the thought and determination to improve oneself grows the more data we collect. Through Garmin’s Forerunners, not only will you be able to collect data of your performance and your progress, you are also open to many other forms of data that complement your workout, running, and sport sessions.
Recent Forerunners come in 3 main versions:
- The TEAMMATE version of Forerunners embraces Garmin’s own Virtual Pacer that lets you know when you speed up or when to slow down by comparing your current pace to your target pace. This version includes the Forerunner 15 and the Forerunner 25.
- The MENTOR version features additional guidance when gearing up for your next big race or running session. With access to Garmin Connect, you can organize training plans and have live tracking to motivate friends and family as you train together. You can find the Forerunner 230 and Forerunner 235 in this version with Forerunner 235 featuring wrist-based heart rate.
- The EXPERT version of the Forerunner series come with full-length features that include VO2 estimation, race time predictions, running dynamics data. Specifically catered to the experts and more experienced runners and athletes, the EXPERT Forerunner version comes bundled with the ability to analyze every stat possible and monitor your recovery sessions so you can go back on the track stronger. Find the Forerunner 630 and the brand new Forerunner 735XT in this version.
We get it; when the time comes for you to jog and work out, you need proof and physical evidence that you are making a difference to yourself. Garmin Forerunners provide you the exact means for that with the exceptional product line-up of sport watches. With features that include accurate measurement of distance, speed, hear rate, time, altitude, and pace, you will grow more and more attached and dependent on these watches the more you run. As the slogan for Forerunners go, “Beat Yesterday.”