About Dyson Malaysia
Dyson - the future of your home appliances
Mahatma Ghandi said “Be the change that you wish to see in the world”. This phenomenal quote mirrors James Dyson’s vision for the future of home appliances. Since 1974, Dyson has created over 5000 prototypes of his iconic vacuum cleaner before finally able to produce his design. He’s a man who wants to make things better for you - like your loved ones, but not.
The story goes like this: Dyson was always solving issues with slightly unconventional ways; one of his first notable solution to a problem was one with wheelbarrows, their wheels were always getting stuck in mud. So Dyson built up a another barrow with a ball instead of a wheel and it was then known as the Ballbarrow - it is explained that the large surface of the ball would make the barrow more stable for use in soft soil.
But how the whole idea of Dyson's futuristic vacuum cleaners started was this way: James Dyson had bought a Hoover Junior vacuum cleaner. While using it, he discovered it got clogged with dust in the bag’s mesh - which made it lose suction - and let's face it, no one likes vacuuming the same spot over and over again to find that nothing was cleaned up. From that he found that the vacuum cleaner only worked efficiently with a fresh bag that had a clean mesh filter. Not long after that, he visited a local sawmill and noted the way sawdust was removed from the air using centrifugal force through industrial cyclones. A lightbulb went off for Dyson to innovate the world's first vacuum cleaner without a bag, but with a smaller mechanism that was similar to the industrial cyclone to suck in more dust and dirt with consistent efficiency than compared with a vacuum cleaner with a bag.
It was this vacuum cleaner that helped Dyson start out his company - at the beginning he could not find anyone who would want to produce the design, until a Japanese company picked it up; it was from this licensing of design that Dyson received the finances to start up the company, Dyson, in England in June 1993.
Dyson vacuums come in all shapes and sizes. There are the uprights, cordless, canister and handheld models - and they look really really cool. These are designs that should be in a film like Star Trek or Star Wars, not something to actually suck up the dirt - but that is what they do.
- HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filtration system; HEPA technology is able to trap particles up to 0.3 microns in size - talk about a thorough cleaning!
- Bag-less system. With a Dyson vacuum, there's no need replacing that bothersome trash bag in your vacuum cleaner anymore; no more hassles and worry about spilling the dirt, and definitely no more spending money on extra costs just to suck up dirt.
- Built-in vacuum filters are lifetime washable; free to reuse and rewash all the time to once again reduce your costs of owning a Dyson vacuum.
- Dyson products go through 164 stress tests to ensure that their quality is of the highest grade - can you survive 164 stress tests? This Dyson's tougher than you!
- Made with polycarbonate ABS materials that are of the same grade as those used to make police riot shields and crash helmet; can you imagine that, your vacuum cleaner is much better protected than you are! Just don't worry about crashing into other furniture when you clean your home anymore - well you gotta worry about your other furniture because if a crash happens, the Dyson is definitely surviving it.
- Efficiently engineered to reduce bulk and waste, yet retaining all the toughness and good performance you'd expect from a vacuum cleaner that looks like the cousin of R2-D2.
Dyson makes several different types of vacuum cleaners - there are those that are suitable for many different floors, all the way to those made for pet owners in mind. So which model would you need?
Lets say you've had enough of heavy and clunky vacuum cleaners, you just want something that is easy to handle - and maybe easy to carry around for cleaning harder to reach places such as sucking that bit of chicken nugget stuck under your car seat. For that, you've got the DC34 Motorhead, a handheld vacuum cleaner that is lightweight (only 1.33kg, and it looks like a laser gun!) and ergonomic with a dual power mode for different uses.
You love cats - they're the perfect animals... except their fur. It's everywhere. To solve your furry little problem (I mean the hair, not your pet), you'll need the DC50 Animal. An upright Dyson vacuum cleaner, it has a tangle-free turbine tool with rotating heads that will remove your pet's fur and your own hair from any carpets or furniture. The flexible heads will also bend around to main contact with uneven surfaces so that those awkward corners will not be out of reach!
If you don't know Dyson for its vacuum (seriously?), then you would have probably noticed all the high-tech (once again, some sort of Star Trek look) looking fans in electronic stores that magically give you really cool air without any spinning blades. Yes, those are Dyson fans.
All that sleek, sexy-looking bladeless fans. Although the name suggests that there’s no blades, there actually are. The blades are hidden in the pedestal part of its structure and they channel the air to flow upwards. Air Multipliers, as they’re called, the fans are a result of high-tech innovation and years of research.
- Dyson's bladeless fans are much quieter compared to the conventional fans, and with each generation of innovation they get even quieter - talk about a silent fan! Dyson's engineers could isolate all the motor and vibration noise and only let the cool quiet airflow out - now that's impressive for something so cooling!
- To reduce less power use, Dyson bladeless fans have improved airflow paths that reduces turbulence, which will put less strain on the motor, saving you even more energy - and in the long run, more money.
- Dyson fans are safe for everyone to use; you don't have to worry about your little one sticking his fingers in and getting them cu- let us not go into that detail, but the gist of it is: no spinning blades!
- Dyson fans are also easy to clean because they are mainly made of wide surface areas on the outside.
- The lack of spinning blades on the outside also ensures that Dyson fans give you a very consistent air flow, so there will not be any choppy air flow.