Other than brushing and washing your mouth with a mouthwash, do you know that flossing is also just as important to your overall oral health? Click here to find out more.
Top Dental Floss Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Philips Sonicare AirFloss Ultra HX8032/05||RM 27.00||Lazada|
|COLGATE Total Tartar Control Dental Floss (50m)||RM 8.40||Lazada|
|COLGATE Dental Floss with Tartar Control 50m [Bundle Of 6] Value Deal||RM 54.00||LazMall by Lazada|
|Bambun biodegradable natural silk dental floss + refill||RM 15.90||Lazada|
|Oral-B ORAL B SUPERFLOSS DENTAL FLOSS [MINT] 50M||RM 12.30||Lazada|
|COLGATE Value pack! Total Mint Waxed Dental Floss 100m||RM 18.90||Lazada|
|Oral-B Essential Floss Waxed Dental Floss 50m x2||RM 18.60||Lazada|
|Oral-B Complete Glide Dental Floss Picks Plus Scope Outlast Long Lasting Mint 75 Dental Floss Picks (Pack of 6)||RM 189.00||Lazada|
|Young Living Thieves Dental Floss 50m||RM 16.00||Lazada|
|Oral-B Essential Waxed Dental Floss 50M||RM 9.50||Shopee|
Do you know how important daily flossing is? It’s like leaving your house without wearing an underwear. Though it is possible to step out without one, it is going to be one uncomfortable day ahead of you. That is exactly how you should feel if you go one day without flossing your teeth. Imagine the outcome – bad breath, stuff stuck to your teeth, cavities and worse, gum disease.
- Floss – Preventing Gum Disease and Gingivitis
- Flossing with the proper technique
- Floss – Some of the excuses for not Flossing and why you should stop them
It is proven that flossing daily (without leaving out the brushing part and the rinsing part) helps in protecting your mouth against gingivitis by removing plaque and excess food particles, keeping your teeth and gums healthy, while giving you a beautiful, wide smile. If you want a beautiful smile, then start flossing immediately.
Gum disease begins at the gum line and between each of your teeth and gingivitis is the first stage of gum disease. Which brings us back to the importance of incorporating floss to be a part of your oral health care routine. It helps in removing the plaque from these difficult areas where a toothbrush doesn’t completely reach.
To truly reap the benefits, you need to know these proper floss techniques.
- Wind: Wind 18 inches of floss around middle fingers of each hand. Pinch floss between thumbs and index fingers, leaving a one- to two-inch length in between. Use thumbs to direct floss between upper teeth.
- Guide: Keep a one- to two-inch length of floss taut between fingers. Use index fingers to guide floss between contacts of the lower teeth.
- Glide: Gently guide floss between the teeth by using a zig-zag motion. DO NOT SNAP FLOSS BETWEEN YOUR TEETH. Contour floss around the side of the tooth.
- Slide: Slide floss up and down against the tooth surface and under the gum line. Floss each tooth thoroughly with a clean section of floss.
This technique applies to any type of floss: waxed, unwaxed, spongy floss or dental tape. It doesn’t matter whether you start with your upper or lower teeth, or whether you start in the front or the back. Just make sure that you floss all your teeth, including the back side of the very last tooth on the left, right, top and bottom of your mouth. And don’t forget to floss under the gum line and along the sides of teeth that border any spaces where teeth are missing -- food particles can become trapped in these spaces, too.
Flossing your teeth is more important to your overall well-being than even brushing. So why don’t you want to do it? Here we collected some excuses that are normally given and why you should stop them.
- Excuse 1 – Food never gets stuck in my teeth. The reason why we floss is not only to remove the access food that is stuck to your teeth but to get rid of plaque that might later cause gum problem.
- Excuse 2 – I’m not coordinated enough to floss. If you have trouble reaching to the far back of your mouth, you can always ask your dentist for Y-shaped flosses, round brushes, rubber tips and plastic tips that might help.
- Excuse 3 – I just don’t have the time. If you can’t even spare 5 minutes of your day to floss, then you should never complain when you suffer from gum problems. You should find a time that might work best for you.
- Excuse 4 – It hurts. If your gum bleeds or you feel pain, then you might be suffering from gingivitis or gum disease which is an even bigger reasons to floss.
We at iprice hope you will never suffer from any type of gum problems just because you refuse to floss. With all these reasoning, we are sure you would start flossing as soon as possible. For the best flossing experience, get your floss requirements exclusively from iprice today.