Being a news source that has provided the nation with the latest happenings and issues domestically and around the world, The Star has grown to become the top newspaper in the country. Boasting a daily circulation figure of about 250,000 copies, The Star is a common newspaper that can be found in a large majority of Malaysian households.
- How The Star Came to Be
- The Star Online
- Sections of The Star Online
- How to Obtain The Star Online Promos on iPrice Malaysia
The daily newspaper’s journey started on 9 September 1971. It was first published as a regional newspaper in Penang. The newspaper started circulating nationwide on 3 January 1976 when its new office was established in Kuala Lumpur. The Kuala Lumpur office proceeded to become the newspaper’s new headquarters in 1978. In subsequent years, the newspaper company continued to expand extensively in terms of market demands and number of staff. This expansion caused the company relocated its headquarters again, this time to Petaling Jaya. Today, the Petaling Jaya office remains as the primary command centre for the newspaper.
To keep up with the advancement of technology, the newspaper has now gone online. The online version enables The Star to include other multimedia such as videos and photos into its news pieces. The ability to add extra audio and visual elements allows for a more interesting read for consumers. Moreover, the online portal enables The Star to update the news every five minutes, something that cannot be done in its printed version. This ensures that users are constantly kept in the loop on the latest happenings.
Like its printed siblings, The Star Online covers a wide range of topics that are categorised systematically into several sections for easier reading. The sections that are available on the online site are as follow:
- News – This is the main section of the site where local and international news is published. The news featured here usually revolve around topics such as politics, general interest, environment, and education.
- Business – This section features news that highlight on the current economic trends and the latest developments in the business world. Topics that are often discussed here include Goods and Services Tax (GST), current stock market conditions, as well as the latest exchange rates for currency.
- Sports – Comprising of the latest news in the world of sports, The Star Online provides comprehensive coverage of the local and international sports scenes. Sports that are usually covered include football, badminton, tennis, motorsports, etc. Furthermore, The Star Online also provides timely news from the scene of the action when it comes to international sports events, such as the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, and the World Cup.
- Metro – On the printed version of The Star newspaper, Star Metro is a pull-out section. This section highlights the interesting events happening in the country and occasionally, overseas. Examples of news that are published in this section include community-based events, reviews on must-try eateries in the country, as well as problems and issues that are affecting locals.
- Tech – Want to know about the latest developments in the world of technology? The Star Online’s Tech section delivers comprehensive news about the tech industry, be it about hardware, software, games, cameras, and so on.
- Lifestyle – The Star Online’s Lifestyle Section comprises a wide variety of topics, ranging from entertainment, style, living, travel, food, you name it. If you do not want to be left out on the latest lifestyle news around the world and in Malaysia itself, then be sure to check out this section.
- Opinions – Besides in-house journalists and writers, The Star Online also has a wide panel of experts, freelancers, and guest writers that will contribute their content. These contributed articles will be featured in the opinions section, whereby readers can read them.
- First, visit The Star Online’s dedicated coupons page on iPrice Malaysia.
- All the latest The Star Online promotions, deals, and updates will be listed on this page. Just browse through the ones available and click on the “Details” button to read the short descriptions for additional details.
- Once you have pinpointed a promotion that you are interested in, check to see if the promotion is still valid or not. If it is still valid, you can click on the dark blue Get This Deal button (for those that contains a code, an orange “View this Voucher” button will appear instead) to proceed.
- A new pop-up page that contains a redirect link will then appear on screen, which will lead you to the related store with the chosen The Star Online promotion.
- If there is a coupon code available, click on the “Copy Code” button and the code will be copied automatically for you to use it later. After that, proceed to click on the link to be directed to The Star’s official online portal.