It was the night of August 30, 1957, that the objective and dreams of the citizens of Malaysia were achieved. People crowded the Padang Selangor Club (now Dataran Merdeka) to witness the historic moment when the Union Jack flag was lowered for the last time and the Malayan flag was proudly and gloriously raised. The first prime minister of Malaysia, Tunku Abdul Rahman then chanted the most iconic words in Malaysian history, “Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!”
Malaysia’s independence was made possible due to a crucial element many nations fail to achieve – the courageous unity in spite of various ethnic groups, cultures, and religions. The main strength was the unity and harmony of the country which led to the claim of Malaya’s independence. Every year, Merdeka is celebrated in grandeur, where dignitaries are seen donning traditional uniforms and costumes while fighter jets fly overhead in a blaze of smoke. Citizens enjoy the day by witnessing the Merdeka Parade with military personnel and people clad in traditional clothing march through the streets.
In conjunction with Independence Day, you do not want to miss out on all the exclusive deals from stores like Effortless, Ash Be Nimble, Althea, Air Asia and many more. Celebrate the 60th year of Malaysia’s Independence Day with up to 80% discount. Whether if you’re looking to change up your style or to keep up with the latest technology trends, you will surely find a good purchase!
How you can redeem your Independence Day Coupons on iPrice
Shop till you drop while you celebrate Hari Merdeka with the vast range of coupons offered on the site. Follow these few simple steps and get the best rates for your purchases.
1. Browse through the iPrice coupon page for all the available coupons and deals. The latest vouchers and discounts will be featured on the top of the coupon page.
2. You may click the “show all” button to look at other coupons under the same online store.
3. Before you proceed to select the deal, do read the details on the bottom right of each deal as the coupons are only available for a period of time.
4. Once you have made your final decision, click on “View this Voucher”.
5. A popup will appear with the coupon code to be used when you make your purchase.
6. Click on “Copy Code” for the coupon code to be automatically copied to your clipboard.
7. Be redirected to your desired store by clicking the underlined “store”.
8. Select the items you wish to purchase on the site. Before you check out, paste the previously copied code inside the discount box provided which will unlock your discounts instantly!
Take advantage of these wonderful discounts while you celebrate Malaysia’s Independence Day. A celebration like this only comes once a year, so make full use of it while you can!