Huawei Mate 20 Price & Specs in Malaysia June, 2021
12 + 8 + 16MP
Top Selling in Smartphones
The Huawei Mate 20 is now available in Malaysia. The cheapest Huawei Mate 20 price in Malaysia is RM 1,889.00 from Shopee. You can also choose between different Huawei Mate 20 variants with Twilight 6GB starting from RM 1,942.44 and Emerald Green at RM 1,942.44. Huawei Mate 20 price details are updated June 2021.
Price List by Country for Huawei Mate 20
|Display Resolution||1080 x 2244pixels|
|Rear Camera||12 + 8 + 16MP|
|Camera Lenses||Triple Camera|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||158.2 x 77.2 x 8.3mm|
|CPU||Kirin 980 (7 nm)|
|Processor Core||Octa Core|
|OS Version||Android 9.0 (Pie)|
|Wi-Fi Standard||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
What are the specifications of the Huawei Mate 20?
- Release Date: November 2018
- Dimensions: 158.2 x 77.2 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 188 g
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Colours: Midnight Blue, Twilight, Black, Emerald Green, Pink Gold
- Display: 6.53 inches IPS LCD, HDR10 (~88.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2244 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~381 ppi density)
- Chipset: Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- Processor: Octa-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- Platform OS: Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Rear camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2.3", PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.4, 54mm (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom + 16 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide)
- Rear camera video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@960fps
- Selfie camera: 24 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Front camera video: Video 1080p@30fps
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh; 22.5W fast charging
- 3.5mm headphone jack: Yes
- Memory card slot: NM (Nano Memory Card), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Technology: HSPA / LTE / GSM
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Radio: FM radio
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Is Huawei Mate 20 waterproof?
While the Huawei Mate 20 Pro has IP68 water and dust resistance, which means it can withstand being submerged in water up to 1.5m deep for 30 minutes; the regular Mate 20 phone is IP53-rated, so it is only splash-resistant. The smartphone is protected by Gorilla Glass and has a pre-fitted screen protector as well as a soft plastic case in the box, which ensures good splash resistance.
Does Huawei Mate 20 support 5G?
Unfortunately, the regular Huawei Mate 20 phone does not support 5G. However, its 5G variant, which is the Huawei Mate 20 X (5G) comes with 5G support, thanks to its powerful Balong 5000 processor, HUAWEI's first 7nm multi-mode 5G chipset with the Kirin 980. Huawei Mate 20 X (5G) is now ushering in the 5G mobile world and setting the industry’s benchmark with ubiquitous technology. The smartphone's Balong 5000 provides industry-leading 5G speeds and supports both NSA and SA (Non-Standalone and Standalone) architecture for a smooth transition of the evolving 5G network. You'll get to experience high-speed mobile internet in your hand.
What is the difference between Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro?
While both Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro phones pack triple-camera setups, the former sports only a 12MP wide-angle main camera, along with an 8MP telephoto lens and 16 MP ultra-wide-angle lens; whereas the latter has better specs in camera - 40 MP wide-angle camera, alongside an 8 MP telephoto lens and a 20 MP ultra-wide-angle lens.
In terms of internal memory, the Mate 20 comes in 4 GB and 6 GB variants while the Mate 20 Pro ships with 6 GB RAM standard and is upgradable to 8 GB. As far as their performance goes, they share the same Kirin 980 chip, which uses the same 7nm process as the iPhone XS' A12 Bionic processor and is virtually as fast as the A12. Both also run Huawei's EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie. When it comes to battery capacity, the standard Mate 20 is at a slight disadvantage with its 4000mAh battery while the Pro variant offers an additional 200mAh capacity.
Display-wise, the Mate 20 sports a large 6.53-inch panel while the panel of the Pro smartphone is smaller, measuring 6.39 inches. That said, bigger isn't always better in this case. The former has an LCD panel at 1080p that doesn't quite match up to the Mate 20 Pro's Quad HD OLED panel that delivers great contrast. The Mate 20's fingerprint sensor is situated on the back, while the Mate 20 Pro has its fingerprint sensor built into the display for easier access.
Which is better: Mate 20 Pro or P20 Pro?
While the P20 Pro has most of the same characteristics as the Mate 20 Pro, it lacks a higher-resolution screen, a 3D facial unlock feature and cordless charging. It's also missing a wide-angle lens, but the main camera is just as excellent as the one on the Mate 20 Pro. In addition, the Mate 20 Pro has a higher battery capacity (4200 mAh battery) and is certified IP68 in dust- and water resistance, as compared to the P20 Pro's 4000 mAh battery and IP67 rating.
Does Mate 20 have wireless charging?
The Huawei Mate 20 does not offer wireless charging but it does support fast charging. If you're looking for a phone that supports both wireless and reverse charging, look no further than the Mate 20 Pro variant which can power up various devices including its rivals like iPhones, Samsung Galaxies, and any other wireless charging-capable devices.