A car battery is one of the most important components of a car. Regularly checking your car battery might prevent your car from unexpectedly breaking down or even damaging other engine parts. A safe ride can only be performed with a good battery. Read to learn more about a car battery below!
Reserve Capacity (RC):74
Reserve Capacity (RC):74
Reserve Capacity (RC):55
Reserve Capacity (RC):103
Reserve Capacity (RC):103
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA):420
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA):546
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA):295
Reserve Capacity (RC):125
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA):600
Newly Added in Car Battery
Save more with iPrice couponsGrab Promo Code MyCar Coupons Gocar Promo Code SOCAR Coupons Lalamove Coupons See more stores >
Top Car Battery Price List 2021
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|AMARON GO NS40ZL / 38B20L Car Battery||RM 165.00||Shopee|
|AMARON GO NS60 Car Battery||RM 190.00||Shopee|
|AMARON Hi-Life NS60L (55B24L) Car Battery||RM 239.00||Shopee|
|AMARON GO 55D23L Car Battery||RM 285.00||Lazada|
|AMARON Hi-Life 42B20L (NS40) Car Battery||RM 200.00||Lazada|
|AMARON DIN55 Car Battery||RM 195.00||Shopee|
|AMARON Pro DIN55R Car Battery||RM 308.00||Shopee|
|AMARON Hi-Life NS70L / 65D26L||RM 308.00||PGMall|
|Century Marathoner DIN55L||RM 280.00||Shopee|
|AMARON GO NS60L Car Battery||RM 200.00||Lazada|
If we talk about car services, the simplest thing that comes in mind is changing car tires as we see people do it all the time. Among the things that we should also think about is car battery maintenance. A car battery helps start your car as well as power-up internal electronics that’s why taking care of your car battery from time to time is necessary.
Most cars are now using Maintenance Free (MF) Battery or dry cell battery. Below are the best 5 brands for car battery in Malaysia:
- Amaron Malaysia - Amaron batteries are made by using advanced American technology by one of the most professional battery manufacturers in India, Amaraja. For more than ten years, Amaron company continues to serve customers with reliable and high-performance services.
- Century Marathoner - Made by using Ramcar Fibres technology, with maximum contraction during the charging/ discharging process without breaking the bonds. It comes with longer service life and high vibration resistance.
- Camel - They provide free battery delivery and installation to the customer's location (within Klang Valley and Johor only). Suitable for car models like Perodua Myvi, Axia, Honda City, Insight, CRZ, Civic Hybrid, BRV, Hyundai Atos, I10.
- Varta - Varta car batteries are made in Korea and come in 25 models of different sizes and capacity. The conventional batteries, i.e. flooded lead-acid batteries are the most common battery type in Varta. This technology referred to as SLI, named after what used to be the battery's main purpose in a car: Starting, Lighting, Ignition
- Panasonic - They have the maintenance-free car battery, made in Thailand with Japanese technology. However, they're not a one-size-fits-all car battery but should be sufficient for small cars.
Keep in mind to not leave getting a new battery to the last minute if your car shows signs of degradation. Here are some tips for you to look at before buying new car batteries:
1. Battery Size
Just like your car, a battery also comes in many different sizes. This can be seen from the height, width, and length of the battery. You can read your car manual to find out which car battery you might need or if you have lost it, you can reach out to your car mechanic or any professional car battery station. Finding the right battery size that fits perfectly prevents you from loose-fitting, battery damage, battery fluid spillage.
2. Battery Freshness
Try finding a car battery that was manufactured at least less than a year before to prevent any deficiencies in power. After finding the right size, don’t forget to read the date code to find out its manufacturing year and month. To get the best performance, choose the freshest battery possible.
3. Battery Capacity
Maximum battery capacity will result in maximum power. Car batteries with high reserved capacity will help your car go through situations such as alternator failure, non-compliant engine, and accidental lights on. Although it would cost you more, higher battery capacity is definitely worth it in terms of convenience.
4. Warranty of Battery
Paying attention to your battery’s warranty is also important. This will help you get a replacement or repair services that you need. Try looking for a battery with 3 to 5 years warranty. Like with its battery capacity, longer warranties are also more expensive but would definitely be worth the investment in the long run.
Choose a reputable brand like Amaron or above-mentioned quality brands in Malaysia. Don't choose the cheapest battery option from a lesser-known brand. A cheap battery will have a higher chance to be defective and you need to break the bank again for a replacement. A reputable brand often comes with high-grade battery and great service.
Tips to Maintain your Vehicle’s battery
Buying new car batteries will cost you a lot of money. You might fail to notice on car battery health when it comes to car maintenance. In fact, it is just equally as important as other parts and components of your car. With this, here are some money-saving tips to keep your battery running:
- Make sure your battery is always clean
- Disconnect the battery when not in use
- Take your car for an occasional ride
- Ensure the battery is tightly fastened in place
- Don’t forget to turn off all the lights when you exit the car
- Turn off AC and radio when your engine isn’t running
- Ensure there is no corrosion on terminals
- Check the water level indicator on a regular basis
- Fill car battery with distilled water as needed
- Install an insulation blanket
- Limit short rides
- Test your battery frequently
The lifespan of car batteries is usually limited from 3 to 5 years. This depends on trips taken and climatic conditions. An engine needs more power and energy to perform in countries with rigid weather conditions. This may limit battery life even shorter. However, regular servicing and battery maintenance can extend battery life. If a car battery has already passed its usage period, purchasing a new one should be considered.
What happens when a car battery goes bad?
Car batteries are a crucial part of a car, so when it goes bad, it can prove problematic for your vehicle and its performance. A deteriorating battery won’t be able to power your car and its electrical components properly. This includes dimmer headlights and a slow start.
How much is car batteries in Malaysia?
There are a number of batteries in Malaysia that you can choose from according to your budget. The price of a car battery depends on the brand and the capacity that it offers. You can either purchase them from an auto shop near you or online through trusted marketplaces like Shopee and Lazada.
The beauty of buying online is you can compare the price and the quality of car batteries before making your purchase. Some car battery brands online would also offer maintenance-free programs and battery delivery services. Make sure you consult a professional before buying new batteries. This is so that you can get batteries that are suitable for the make and age of your vehicle.