In Malaysia, many of us are used to seeing things happen on CCTVs. Particularly a robbery, theft, or accident, CCTVs become some of the most useful forms of documentation of evidence. CCTV videos are so popular that there are even YouTube channels catered to CCTV viewers. We can never be too safe when taking precautions, that’s why we look into CCTV technology. Close Circuit Television cameras, as they are called,
Why you need a CCTV
Still wondering why you need a CCTV? It’s simple – CCTVs tend to ward off delinquent
Fun fact: The Hawthorne Effect can also be seen when taking photos. Most people will strike a pose as soon as the camera is facing them.
Here are some additional reasons as to why you might consider setting up a CCTV system in Malaysia:
- Documentation – to record any
misdemeanouror crime in the vicinity
- Record-keeping – to keep track of date and time (especially when
- Time lapse – to view progress over a day/month/year
Now that you are convinced to get a CCTV camera system, let’s look some steps on how to choose the right CCTV.
How to choose a CCTV camera?
Determine what it is you are trying to monitor. Monitoring indoor would require a different system as compared to outdoor. How large is the space you are filming? Larger areas may need to use zooming capabilities.
- Do your cameras need to be hidden or not? If you’re trying to catch a known thief, you might want to use an inconspicuous one.
- How many cameras do you need? To monitor a few areas at a time, you might need a few cameras strategically set in place.
- What basic features you are looking for in a CCTV. Some CCTVs points to consider are
colourand definition of the image, connection and storage of the data, motion detection, night vision and weather protection.
These are just some steps to consider when choosing a CCTV camera system.
Shopping for CCTV cameras online
Once you know how to pick the best security camera for your vicinity, it’s time to purchase one. How do you do that? By shopping online of course! By shopping online, you can get the best in CCTV technology from brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, and