Need a body cleanser that is portable and multi-functional? A traditional bar of soap would still be an ideal solution. Check out our wide array of soaps for body, face and all below or click here to learn more about soaps.
- Price (ascending)
- Price (descending)
- Soap Malaysia: What is soap?
- Soap Malaysia: Wash up and cleanse with soap
- Top Soap brands in Malaysia
Today, soaps are can be made of different kinds of ingredients, from fats and oils that react with lye (sodium hydroxide), or
On the other hand, handcrafted soaps are made from three ingredients: oil (animal or vegetable oil, not petroleum-based oil), water and lye. These three ingredients, mixed together in correct proportions, will combine and chemically change into soap, going through a process called "saponification". So do give soap labels a thorough read before purchasing as they may contain
To understand what is needed to achieve effective cleaning, it is helpful to have a basic knowledge of soap and detergent chemistry.
In the cleaning process, surface tension must be reduced so water can spread and wet surfaces. Chemicals that are able to do this effectively are called
Since soap is an anionic surfactant, it is useful in removing acidic soils which are the dirt and dust
- Wet the skin surface with water.
- Lather up the soap with water, created as
muchfine bubbles as you can at your palms.
- Then, smoothen the soapy bubbles on the skin and cleanse to remove dirt.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and finish off with a final round of cool water to close pores of the skin.
- Enjoy the refreshing and clean after-shower fragrance after you towel dry.
A good bar soap is a well-balanced in its bar hardness (durability),
However, fatty acids that are moisturizing has less lather quality, while the ones that make great
Among the most popular soap brands include AprilSkin - one of the most popular face soap from Korea, Dr. Bronner’s - made with organic oils, Natural Origin - handmade soaps and L'OCCITANE - well-known beauty brand from France.