What Are Beard Oils?
Whether you grow your beard to become the ultimate hipster or you don’t want to look like a teenager with a bare face, it is imperative that you take a good care of that majestic beard. Treat your beard like you would treat your skin and hair. One of the trending beard care products is beard oil, made from an assortment of oils like jojoba, hazelnut, evening primrose, and grapeseed.
Beard oil helps to hydrate the facial hair and the skin underneath it. Some beard oil can also act as a styling agent. It helps eliminate beard dandruff (or beardruff) and beard itch caused by dry and coarse facial hair.
How Beard Oils Work
As your beard grows, the more sebum the hair follicles produce so your natural oils can definitely be a cause for beard itches. The best beard oils are made with two main ingredients: a carrier oil and an essential oil. Carrier oils makes up 90% of the beard composition and are usually derived from seeds and nuts like argan and sweet almond. Carrier oils are extremely hydrating, moisturizing, and nourishing. With the additional essential oils, it can also prevent acne, rashes, and any other undesired skin conditions.
High-quality beard oils will use a beneficial carrier and essential oils to hydrate and nourish the beard. It will also get rid of any pungent smells that can be caused by dirty, matted, and tangled beards.
How to Use Beard Oils
Ideally, beard oils are used after you’ve cleansed your face with your usual skincare routine. It is better to wash your face with warm water so the heat can open up the pores and hair follicles. This way, the skin can absorb the beard oil better.
Began by rubbing the beard oil between the palms of your hand and massage it throughout your facial hair and on the skin underneath. If you happen to have a longer beard, you might want to comb the oil through so it can coat ever strand of facial hair. Do this daily to maintain luscious and dandruff-free facial hair.
The Best Beard Oil
- Mountaineer Brand WV Timber – Has a cedar and pine scent; contains grapeseed, sweet almond, and castor oils; vegan.
- Honest Amish Beard Oil – Has a clove scent; contains a mixture of organic oils; vegan.
- Wisdom Beard Oil – Has earthy tones; contains olive, grapeseed, apricot, argan, and Vitamin E; vegan.
- Wild Willie’s Beard Elixir – Has cedar and woodsy tones; contains organic oils; non-vegan due to emu oil.
- Bearbrand Tea Tree Oil – Has earthy tones; contains a jojoba base; vegan.
- Leven Rose Beard Oil – Unscented; contains jojoba and argan oils; vegan.
- The Blades Grim Cinder Beard Oil – Has a fireplace scent; contains a mixture of oils; vegan