For all busy parents, baby carriers are heaven-sent. They allow you to free your hands while safely carrying your little ones against your torso. Nonetheless, there are things that you need to pay attention to before buying yourself a baby carrier. To know more, read here.
Top Baby Carriers Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Maxi-Cosi MiloFix Car Seat||RM 1,389.00||Shopee|
|i-angel Denim||RM 399.00||Lazada|
|i-angel Josh||RM 499.05||Shopee|
|My Dear 28050 Baby Carrier||RM 138.00||Lazada|
|My Dear 28050 Baby Carrier Purple||RM 138.00||Lazada|
|My Dear 28035 Baby Soft Carrier||RM 89.90||Shopee|
|Maxi-Cosi Infant carrier Cabriofix||RM 599.00||Shopee|
|My Dear 28024 Soft Baby Carrier Red||RM 80.00||Shopee|
|My Dear 28024 Soft Baby Carrier||RM 80.00||Shopee|
|My Dear 28015 Baby Carrier||RM 169.00||Shopee|
Types of baby carriers
There are three main types of baby carriers that you can easily find in stores today. You can choose between the front carrier, sling, or wrap baby carrier. A front carrier, sometimes known as a baby backpack, has two shoulder straps connected to a seat in which you place your baby in. Your baby will be tucked safely, close to your chest. You can consider in buying a front baby harness once your infant has a good head control and is able to sit up.
A sling carrier consists of a wide swath of fabric that is to be worn across the torso and over a shoulder. A sling carrier is more suitable for breastfeeding mothers as it has a loose fit and the fabric can cover you while you’re feeding your baby. A baby sling carrier can either come unpadded, padded, with or without rings for adjustments. The baby sling carrier can support infants that weigh 10 to 15 pounds. If your child weighs more than that, consider other options.
The last type of carrier is the wrap baby carrier. In a nutshell, they are just a piece of fabric that is wrapped over the shoulders and around your baby and your torso. They are more versatile than the baby backpack or the sling baby carrier. You can wrap the fabric in however way you deem the most comfortable and it’s easy to take on and off. The only drawback of the wrap carrier is that they’re time-consuming and can only support young infants with certain weights.
What to look for in baby carriers
Just like a baby seater, baby bottles, and other baby furniture and apparatus, you need to consider several things before getting yourself a baby carrier. No matter which type of carrier you choose for your baby, always pay attention to these factors.
- Versatility – If you don’t want to keep on buying different carriers once your infant has grown, look for a carrier that can fit your child from infancy and onwards.
- Sturdiness – A high-quality carrier will last you a long time; the straps or fabrics will not tear off and will effortlessly and safely support your baby.
- Ease of use – Remember that a carrier is supposed to alleviate your baby-carrying burdens. Choose a carrier that is hassle-free so you can focus more on your errands.
- Comfort – A carrier should be comfortable not only for your baby but for parents as well. Look for padded carriers with soft cushioning to avoid those terrible shoulder aches.
- Weather-appropriate – For those residing in the hotter regions of the world, some padded carriers can be too hot for your little ones. If this is the case, pick a carrier made from lighter fabric.
Now that you know what to look for, start searching our site for affordable baby carriers you can’t get elsewhere. We have the best baby carrier brands like Ergobaby, Pognae, and Lillebaby that you can easily purchase.