About Freezers Malaysia
- Freezers Malaysia - A Necessity for any Kitchen!
- Getting the Most out of Your Freezer
- Freezing Temperatures for Food to Last
We are all familiar with refrigerators (or more commonly known as fridges). This appliance is seen in any and every house, even if none of the people staying there are chefs. This is because a fridge can help store food, its low temperature helping to lower the reproduction rate of bacteria, hence ensuring that your food can last longer.
Usually, fridges come with a smaller freezer section. But there are times when a household requires more frozen food (or ice-cream!) than can be stored in the freezer section of the fridge, which is why appliance companies sell freezers that would help meet the needs of such households.
Many would just think that freezers are meant to store foods like ice-cream and meat. While yes, they can be used for that. But you can also use your freezer to store leftover foods, freeze fruits for yummy smoothies and so on. Like many household appliances, there are many things you can do to ensure that you are getting the most out of your freezer.
Here are some tips for you to keep in mind if you do decide to get a freezer for your kitchen:
- Make sure that you slice before you freeze.
- If you are thinking about storing things like bread in the freezer, make sure that you slice them first for easy one-person servings. That way when you feel like eating them, you won’t have to crack your head and waste time defrosting everything in order to just that one serving’s worth.
- Make sure to clean the coils regularly.
- Not only is dust unsightly, it can be a destroyer. In this case if dust collects on the coils, it will cause the condenser on your freezer to wear out faster. So make sure to do this bit of maintenance at least once a year or so.
- Do not keep the freezer empty.
- Contrary to what you may think, a full freezer actually retains the cold temperature better than an empty one. That’s because the frozen food will help keep in the cold when you open the door, ensuring that the unit won’t have to work hard to keep it cool. However, don’t pack the freezer until it’s too full either, as you need the air to circulate the cool temperature.
- Do not keep food too long.
- You may think that the freezer would help your food to last forever. Not exactly true as the quality of food will deteriorate over time. So, make sure to write down the dates on the bags/containers and arrange the oldest foods in the front in order to clear out them out faster.
A freezer is a valuable tool as it helps you get the most out of your food and also makes cooking a whole lot easier. If you are looking for other items for your kitchen, make sure that you head on to our Appliances category and have a look at the items there.