Android TV boxes are a great affordable alternative to smart television sets with built-in applications. You can attach Android TV boxes to any TV or monitor and enjoy thousands of local and international TV channels, movies, and shows on the internet. Read more about Android TV boxes in the article below.
Top Android TV BOX Price List 2021
Available in Lazada RM 145.00
RM 270.00 Go to Shop
Which Android TV box is best?
There is a wide variety of Android TV boxes in the market today that you can get your hands on. From big brands like Nvidia, Amazon, and Xiaomi to small companies like Mecool, Ematic, and Turewell, you can find TV boxes of all shapes and prices. Some of the best Android TV boxes are:
Amlogic S922X Quad Core ARM
- CPU: Amlogic S922X Quad Core ARM Cortex-A73 and dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- GPU: ARM MaliTM-G52MP6(6EE)
- Operating System: Android 9.0
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, Built-in 2.4G/5G Wi-Fi
TX3 Smart Tv Android Box 5G
- Processor: Amlogic S905X3 Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A55 CPU
- GPU: Mali-G31 MP2
- Memory & Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM / 4GB RAM, 32GB ROM / 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM (Expandable via MicroSD, USB Flash or HD up to 64GB)
- Video Resolution: 4K Ultra High Definition
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie (API 28)
- Connectivity: Wi Fi 2.4+5GHz, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0 (x2)
Xiaomi Mi Box S 2GB+8GB Android 8.1 Oreo Smart Android TV Box
- Processor: Quad-Core Cortex-A53 2.0GHz
- GPU: Mali-450 750MHz
- Video Resolution: 4K Ultra High Definition Operating
- System: Android 8.1 Oreo (API 27)
- Connectivity: WiFi 2.4+5GHz, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0 (x1)
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro
- Processor: NVIDIA® Tegra® X1+ processor with a 256-core GPU and 3 GB RAM
- Storage: 16 GB
- Audio: Dolby Audio (Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos)
- Connectivity: 802.11ac 2x2 MIMO 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0 + LE
X96 Max Plus Smart Android TV Box
- Processor: Amlogic S905X3 Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A55 (64bit)
- GPU: G31™ MP2
- Memory & Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM
- Video Resolution: 8K@24FPS & 4K Ultra High Definition @ 60FPS
- Operating System: Andriod 9.0 Pie (API 28)
- Connectivity: WiFi 2.4+5.8GHz, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 (x1), USB 3.0 (x1)
What can Android TV boxes do?
By connecting your Android boxes to your TV, you can watch online media like TV shows, movies, and other videos without needing the functions of a smart TV. It can also connect you to local and international TV channels so you can enjoy shows that are not available on online streaming sites. Aside from watching TV shows, the Android TV box also allows you to play games that cable TV can't.
What channels do you get on Android TV boxes?
You can watch any channel that is available on the internet and you have access to wifi. This includes shows and movies on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Instant Video, and HBO. You can also browse for videos on sites like Youtube all on your TV. There are also classic local TV channels such as TV1, TV2, Astro, and many more. Additionally, you can also have access to TV channels from the UK like BBC, from the United States like CNN, and from China like BTV. Check the availability of these channels with the brand or the seller for your TV box.
Can you watch normal TV on an Android TV box?
Yes, depending on the channel provided and which ones are accessible in the region, you can watch normal TV channels with an Android TV box.
How To Set Up Your Android TV Box
Android TV Box is easy to be set up. It's more like a plug and plays method with a few clicks to connect the Android TV Box and your smart TV. Follow the steps below and you'll get to play games or start streaming TV shows and movies.
- Hook up your device to the smart TV or normal TV.
- Connecting to the internet.
- Updating the firmware of the TV box
- Download some apps (streaming apps or entertainment apps).
- Start streaming your favourite dramas and movies from streaming services and pre-installed apps likes Netflix, YouTube, and Google Play.
There are many advantages of having a TV box, one of the main advantages of having a TV box is you can have entertainment on the go. Whether you're travelling or going for a road trip, you can carry your compact android box, and keep all of your favourite content with you. Since such a small device is carried in your bag, you can always enjoy entertainment on the go. The second benefit of having a TV box is it cost way lesser compared to cable TV. If you compare to the price you pay for using Cable TV service on a long-term basis, the cost of an Android TV box is much cheaper as it is only a one-time purchase.
The Android TV Box can be purchased at most electronic and gadgets shops across Malaysia. The famous place where you can buy the Android TV box is Lowyat. Alternatively, you can also purchase the Android TV Box online through Lazada and iPrice Malaysia.