- Alexander Wang - a fashion-forward designer
- Celebrities wearing Alexander Wang
- 10 interesting facts about Alexander Wang that you don’t know
- Attractive deals available at iPrice Malaysia
To quote Project Runway “As you know in fashion, one minute you’re in and the next minute you’re out”, but it looks like Alexander Wang is not going out. Streetwear will never be the same without his designs and fashion-forward creativity. Alexander Wang's clothes is an epic mixture of chic and street. Take a look at our selection of Alexander Wang's designs at our online store in Malaysia.
Alexander Wang - a fashion-forward designer
At just 31, Californian born Alexander Wang is one of the hottest stars in the New York fashion scene. “Young wunderkind”, “symbolic figure”, “champion of downtown chic”, “most successful fashion designer of his generation” and “lightning rod” are just some of the words used to describe this talented designer. That being said, there’s no denying that this 31-year-old fashion force has earned these descriptors along the way of his epic rise in the fashion scene. Today, he’s the creative director of his nominative fashion label, and (since 2012) of French fashion heavyweight, Balenciaga. Aside from that, Alexander also collaborated with H&M to give you the latest high-end fashion styles for your everyday needs.
A game-changer in his own right, Wang’s journey began soon after he dropped out of the Parsons School of Design in 2004 to create his own label. The designer started out with a knitwear collection that centered around six unisex silhouettes. In 2004, he launched his own label and soon thereafter he was quick to become known for his sleek brand, easy-chic silhouettes, sharp body-conscious tailoring and athletic essentials.
Celebrities wearing Alexander Wang
Because of his influence in the worldwide fashion scene, Alexander Wang’s celebrity connoisseur had grown immensely since his rise to stardom in 2012. Among the celebrities who just can’t get enough of Alexander Wang are:
- Nicki Minaj
- Lady Gaga
- Zoe Kravitz
- Miley Cyrus
- Lilly Collins
On top of that, the designer is also popular on Asian markets, particularly in East Asian countries, like in China, Korea, Japan and Malaysia. Among the many Asian superstars and renowned fashion icons who just love Alexander Wang’s designs:
- Fan BingBing (China)
- Li Yuchun (China)
- CL (South Korea)
- Sandara Park (South Korea)
- Kim Min Hee (South Korea)
With many stores opening in Malaysia and Asia opening, more and more fashion forward individuals now have access to the best trends and the hottest deals in town. If you want to shop more Alexander Wang outfits online, be sure to check out our selection of his best designs online in Malaysia where his best-sellers include the Lia sling, Coco duffel, Kirsten satchel, clutches, backpacks and handbags.
10 Interesting facts about Alexander Wang that you didn’t know
- Alexander Wang was one of the few fashion designers that has opened more than 15 stores, sold his clothes to some 700 retailers internationally and has collaborated with Uniqlo and Samsung in the span of seven years during his stint as a fashion designer.
- Alexander Wang is the youngest fashion designer to be appointed as the creative director of power fashion house, Balenciaga at the age of 26.
- Alexander Wang was the first American fashion designer to collaborate with the Swedish giant clothing label, H&M.
- While he is known to be present on almost every major fashion parties and fashion shows in the world, Alexander Wang said that the best parties are usually not the best ones for him.
- Wang’s first fashion show was when he was 15 at her sister-in-law’s wedding, showing 35 outfits that he specially designed just for her.
- That sister-in-law whom he dedicated his first fashion show above is now the chief principal officer with Alexander’s brother as the chief financial adviser.
- At the age of 20, after dropping out of school to start his fashion line, Alexander Wang was offered to work under Diane Von Furstenberg when she saw a piece he made on a staffer, but he immediately turned it down to focus on his new fashion line.
- Wang’s mother got pregnant with him at the age of 40. Being superstitious, she was hesitant to continue with the pregnancy and sought help from a fortune-teller, who then recommended to push through with it (thank God).
- Alexander Wang is affiliated with sportswear but he himself never played sports.
Attractive deals available at iprice Malaysia
Alexander Wang’s prowess in the fashion industry is seen on his clothing line and designs for shoes and bags. He is a creative, humble and a very interesting person, not just as a designer but as a whole. Many designers are curious about his designing process and most are copying his style. Regardless, he remains to be a true icon in the fashion industry and a heavy-weight contender for one of the most influential brands in fashion.
Get the best deals from outfits, apparel, bags and accessories in Malaysia. Take a look at our selection of the best and authentic products from various designers, including Alexander Wang. Get deals and discounts online and enhance your shopping experience with iPrice.