Like any other hobby, fishing requires you to have tools in order to catch fish efficiently. Get your hands on competition-grade fishing tools such as rods and reels with Abu Garcia Malaysia. Made for professionals, amateurs, and hobbyists, Abu Garcia is your partner when it comes to fishing. Shop our wide selection of popular fishing products by Abu Garcia or read more about how to choose the perfect fishing reel below.
Top ABU Garcia Price List 2021
Available in Shopee RM 127.02
RM 174.00 Go to Shop
As a sport, as a hobby, and as a means of livelihood, fishing is perhaps one of the oldest skills that human has developed as a way to survive. Today, fishing has become more than just a means to get food but a sport and a hobby. Aside from nets and spears, another way to catch fish is through a fishing rod which helps cast a line in the water with a bait to attract fish and a reel that rolls the line in. Check out the different types of reels from Abu Garcia below.
Abu Garcia: Different Reel Types
Imagine this, everything is perfect for a day out by the lake or sea with your fishing gear everything in place… except for your reel. As an integral part of your fishing rod, you cannot catch fish without it! If you are looking for a reel to match your rod, the first thing you need to do is find out about the types of reels that could match your rod and fishing habits. Here are several types of reels that you can grab from Abu Garcia Malaysia:
- Spincast Reel - Revered as one of the easiest fishing reels to use, a spin-cast reel like the Abu Garcia Abumatic Spincast reel is perfect for beginners. It is affordable compared to other reel types but can be less durable.
- Baitcasting Reel - Otherwise known as a conventional reel, a baitcasting reel is perfect for bigger and stronger fishes. Unlike the spin-cast, the bait caster is made for experienced fishermen because of its high gear ratio but it can be a little bit hard to cast.
- Spinning Reel - A spinning reel or an open-faced reel is one of the most popular types of reels today. Compared to other types, a spinning reel has lesser backlashes and performs well with great precision. The only set back with a spinning reel is its affinity to twist the line.
- Trolling Reel - Made almost similar to baitcasting reels, however, this type is not made for casting. Because of their rounded profile, trolling reels are more suited for big game fishes but do not have a casting button.
Now that you have an idea of what type of fishing reel you want, the next thing you should do is to check for other specifications that could affect your reel's performance. Here are some factors to consider when choosing and comparing reels:
A gear ratio is the number of times the bail rotates around the spool with a single turn of a handle. For example, the 4:1 gear ratio means that the bail rotates four times around the spool in one turn. Depending on your style and technique you can go high 6:1, medium 5:1, or low 4:1. When choosing an Abu Garcia spinning reel, always make sure to compare different gear ratios.
If you are looking at the specification of your chosen reel online, among the information that you should always know about is the line capacity; the lighter the line, the smaller the reel.
To enable fishing reels to spin, ball bearings are used for seamless use. The more ball bearings are used, the smoother it goes. Choose a reel with the maximum amount of ball bearings that your budget can allow.
In terms of weight, each fisherman has his/her own preference. A key factor in deciding how heavy your reel will be is fatigue. The lighter the reel, the less strain it puts on wrists, joints, and arms. If you’re a beginner, it is best that you choose lightweight reels.
Depending on your skill level, the size of the game, and your technique, choosing the perfect type of reel is crucial. When shopping for fishing reels online, make sure to always check out Abu Garcia Malaysia and their extensive array of products to suit your needs.
There are some excellent spinning reels from Abu Garcia that you could pick from:
- Abu Garcia Revo MGXreme
- Abu Garcia Revo SX
- Abu Garcia Revo X
- Abu Garcia Orra S Spinning Reels
- Abu Garcia Black Max
- Abu Garcia Re Revo MGX
- Abu Garcia Revo S
- Abu Garcia Revo Premier
- Abu Garcia Revo Rocket
- Abu Garcia Revo Ike
- Abu Garcia Revo Inshore
- Abu Garcia Revo Winch
- Abu Garcia Silver Max
- Abu Garcia Elite Max